The mkiv Supra Owners Club

*PICS* She's ready for the summer!

Burna

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The turbos spool up so much quicker now (no comments about UK turbos please SteveR ;) )

lol!

Looks verrrry nice mate.

Shame you did this already, thus chickening out of that stock J-Spec vs stock UK-Spec race we were going to have. :p ;)

How would you rate the BPU experience out of 10? Worth it? I'm very tempted.

BTW those side repeaters turned up - thanks to you for providing & Jo for posting - but they seem to have damaged/missing side clip thingies :( They might be salvageable (or maybe the yellow bits are transferable which would still suit my needs) so thanks! Beer duely owed! :)

Steve, get back to me with a time quicker than 9 mins around the ring and you'll get a thumbs up for a stock UK vs JDM race :)

Hmmm....... :sly:

Not that we time our laps, of course. :innocent:

9 mins = massive respect, how many laps experience did it take you to achieve that Bobbeh?

Great work Burna. Looks absolutely fab pal.

Did Lovatt (Liam)mention anything about my spats being ready bud? :)

Thanks,

Greg

Thanks Greg,

Best to give Liam a ring mate, I'm pretty sure he did yours the same time as mine so they should be just waiting for you to go get them fitted :thumbs:

lol!

Looks verrrry nice mate.

Shame you did this already, thus chickening out of that stock J-Spec vs stock UK-Spec race we were going to have. :p ;)

I did think about the race before I went and changed it, but we both know I would have killed you top end anyway :p ;) I'm sure we will discuss for ever more now over many beers whenever we meet up. Watching you go off on one in disbelief of the UK facts I spout randomly at you is the fun bit :rlol:

It look as if Bobbeh has set you a challenge now anyway mate, I'll have my ring spys watching you this year :eyebrows:

How would you rate the BPU experience out of 10? Worth it? I'm very tempted.

To be honest I'm just running what the UK wastegate gives me at the moment, got it to just over 0.9 bar on Sunday. Will see what happens on the open road but I'm expecting 1 bar tops.

As I said in an earlier post, the turbos seem to spool up so much quicker now and there is more of a kick when no. 2 turbo comes in. From what I've been told though the fun really starts at 1.2 bar, but I'm going to just enjoy her the way she is for awhile :)

Marks out of 10 for feel and don't forget the noise! I would have to say 10/10. It's still early days yet so I will let you know after France.

I'll take you out and you can see for yourself if you want, Ste mentioned that we all need to get together soon for a beer before Martin R buggers of up to Scotland, so maybe then eh?

Glad you liked the new look :)

Hmmm....... :sly:

Not that we time our laps, of course. :innocent:

9 mins = massive respect, how many laps experience did it take you to achieve that Bobbeh?

Dunno, maybe around 13/14. Having favourable traffic also helps too, what sort of times were you getting around there? I want to go back on Toyos, I'm sure I could get it down to 8.30 or something similar :D

That looks sweet mate, just like mine but with nice wheels (like i always wanted!) Its funny how that when you see a stock kitted one it always looks real nice as is.. I'd be happy to leave it as is mate, its actually different being stock now, but well nice.. dare I say lower it??

And get it to 1.3 bar mate, trust me, its a different car then, you'll be annoyed you didn't do it sooner, its like a different car!

And get it to 1.3 bar mate, trust me, its a different car then, you'll be annoyed you didn't do it sooner, its like a different car!

Doesn't raising the turbo 'bar-age' potentially shorten their life, and bring on more problems at all?

Mine runs at 1.0bar, and feels great, but I didn't fancy increasing it cos of the potential problems that could happen. I do have the original ceramic turbos tho.

That looks sweet mate, just like mine but with nice wheels (like i always wanted!) Its funny how that when you see a stock kitted one it always looks real nice as is.. I'd be happy to leave it as is mate, its actually different being stock now, but well nice.. dare I say lower it??

1.3 bar!!! Get behind me Satan! :D I think I'll save that for future fun :cool:

I know what you mean about the look, but it so easy sometimes to get carried away after seeing some of the beautiful modified cars on here. I remember last year when Pete had a stern word with me after I mentioned I might go trial rear and TRD spoiler, he was completely right how good and different the car looks with the OEM kit. The OEM spats where the last touch and it just seems to carry the line of the skirts through. Liam is also going to spray the front lip and active spoiler black to match the rest of the body work too.

I did actually lower it a bit when I replaced the UK suspension for yellow bilstein shocks and J-Spec springs. I did think about using eibach springs at the time to drop it more but from talking to members who had them I felt they might be a bit harsh for me. The J-Spec springs were a nice compromise, it sat a lot higher on the UK springs as I'm sure you know what I mean :)

Thanks Burna. My spats are all ready too waiting to go on when I get her back :)

It is a real beauty mate. Those wheels looks the absolute nuts and I seriously wouldn't go messing about with that mint sstock look. I'm jealous and that's saying something. The only thing I normally get jealous about in fact is my girlfriend droolling over No_1_Boy_Racer, and that happens a bit. ;)

Lovely example, very tasteful and great number plate to match!It's got me thinking about OEM skirts...mmm. The spec is similar to mine, I've got a full decat and Defi BF boost gauge, but I'm reluctant to go the full whack and up the boost (goes to 1.0bar atm). Mark at Phoenix put a restrictor ring in when he did the decat too.

ooo im not sure i like the skirts. ill never get those spats. not sure the chin spoiler needs painting. ill never go BPU it doesnt need it !

hang on eeerr 2 years later where are we ??? lol

looks sweet mate

Don't forget "I'm never changing the wheels, UK 17" wheels are the best for handling" :D

You were right about different wheels mate, totally changes the look. I'll start listening from now on :)

Dunno, maybe around 13/14. Having favourable traffic also helps too, what sort of times were you getting around there? I want to go back on Toyos, I'm sure I could get it down to 8.30 or something similar :D

I started mega, mega cautious and just got out of the way as soon as I sawy even a microscopic dot in my mirrors. My first 3 lap times were;

17:xx?!

14:xx

9:50

then I stopped timing it because I thought (knew!) I'd get too competative with myself and end up having an off - especially on the (very hard, not at all grippy) Jap rubber my Supe still had on the fronts. I think Ian R timed a later lap where he followed me and it was a bit quicker again still. In the end I think I drove 10 laps and pessengered in 2 more (Mike's Supra - JSpec Germany) and 1 in a stock mk1 Elise when we did an 8:30ish lap - despite it not being able to get above an (indicated!) 120mph up the hills :D)

This year, if I've got the balls for it (50/50) I think 9 mins is doable - if not it'll be due to the smaller brakes we J-Spec owners get of course, not my driving ;)

It sounds like a cop-out, and I'm not saying you did this, but I think focussing purely on reducing times as much as possible can be detracting form the 'Ring experience, and - for me at least - potentially dangerous. That said, I'm still bound to time myself when I go out there....

I did think about the race before I went and changed it, but we both know I would have killed you top end anyway :p ;)

If you could have caught up from the MASSIVE lead I'd have built up via my superhuman gear changes and speedy J-Spec turbos made of tupperware or something. :p ;)

I'm sure we will discuss for ever more now over many beers whenever we meet up

deal!

Watching you go off on one in disbelief of the UK facts I spout randomly at you is the fun bit :rlol:

but! but!

pah! :p

It look as if Bobbeh has set you a challenge now anyway mate, I'll have my ring spys watching you this year :eyebrows:

It's quite a challenge too! Must remember not to go too mental.... the last thing I want is to come off and end up having a battering round the 'Ring. :rlol: (Ian R and I were out on major beers a few weeks back - you should have heard the filth we came up with just by talking about "the 'Ring" :rlol:

I'll take you out and you can see for yourself if you want, Ste mentioned that we all need to get together soon for a beer before Martin R buggers of up to Scotland, so maybe then eh?

100% I'm there - we should get something sorted now - maximise attendance. Erm, did I just volunteer? :rolleyes: