The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2008 Calendar Discussion Thread

Supragal

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supragal

After been told to remove 2 of the 3 pictures i entered? just a question as to why?

Surely if i added 3 pictures, none of my car, just pictures i took, why can i only enter one? surely it is better for people to add as many as they can for choice & varity? then all vote on the pictures what have been added?

After been told to remove 2 of the 3 pictures i entered? just a question as to why?

Surely if i added 3 pictures, none of my car, just pictures i took, why can i only enter one?

I don't know what your car looks like so I have no idea who's car they are of, therefore it appears that you are entering more than 1 of the same car but if thats not the case then fine, leave them there.

Do the owners know that Carbonangel has entered their car and therefore banned them from entering their own pics?

Come on, there were loads of AWESOME pictures from last years entries that didn't quite make it, what happened to the while car in the underground car park??? They were ace.

I belive that the white car was sub-culture.. he sold it! don't think he's a paid up member at the moment..

I have a suggestion to make sure that we don't get loads of photos entered that block other really good ones from being entered later on (since there's a limit on the number) and also to make sure great photos that lose out in one category can be entered for another without the same car winning twice.

How about having an elimination poll when a certain number of photos have been entered (10 say). That could eliminate the bottom 9 which could then be entered in another category if people want. You would end up with one pic left, plus any new ones that people enter afterwards. If we got to 10 again you could have another elimination poll. It would mean you didn't have a whole mass of pics to choose from at the end.

I have a suggestion to make sure that we don't get loads of photos entered that block other really good ones from being entered later on (since there's a limit on the number) and also to make sure great photos that lose out in one category can be entered for another without the same car winning twice.

How about having an elimination poll when a certain number of photos have been entered (10 say). That could eliminate the bottom 9 which could then be entered in another category if people want. You would end up with one pic left, plus any new ones that people enter afterwards. If we got to 10 again you could have another elimination poll. It would mean you didn't have a whole mass of pics to choose from at the end.

Thats a good idea.

Simon, taken on board. I will see how it goes, we may never get to the max amount so it might make no difference either. Could also get very confusing, seeing as people are seriously struggling with the rules as they are that would make it even more taxing especially if pne car gets knocked out then people could in theory enter that car again but might not see the thread etc blah.

• 2 weeks later...

Right - I posted the following two pics in the Scenic Views thread, but I guess I shouldn't have done as I should only be putting my one entry pic in there.

Is it ok for me to post them here for a couple of days to canvass opinions about which is better? I can't decide if I like the colour or the B/W.

Also, would it be best in Scenic Views/Arty/Supra Portraits?