The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2008 Calendar Discussion Thread

Supragal

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ms Supragal. Got the 2007 calendar today, my reasons, immediately thought I'd like the car owner ID on the pictures. Can or can't do for 2008?

Fabulous project, understand you're frustration at times, missus been advising. Keep the faith it's a great job.

Not happy that I've missed out on submitting pics for the calander - will there be other opportunities? I have a few pics that would look good as smaller pics on pages - maybe some larger pics too

Was there much notification about this because I dont have much time to check every posting area for updates and only just found this today after reading another thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Indeed, but the people that MAKE the calendars you buy in Nov/Dec start at the beginning of the year ;)

Unless I'm missing your point?

I used to print calenders when I was in commercial trade printing (now in newspapers) and never started printing calenders until September.

Sorry, bit of background.

People wanted them ready for JAE in July, (obviously that didn't happen this year sorry)

I am not printing them. It takes a good month from starting the picture hunt to decide on the finalists, then I have to set up votes etc and wait for result, then I have to contact all the winners and ask for high res versions (still don't have 2 of them!!) then I have to produce the calendar, so date and bank hol changes, colour schemes, setting the pics & layout, then send it off for proof, approve or reject the proof [repeat] then tell them to print, then wait for delivery.

So without knowing the background I can see where you're coming from. :)

And I haven't even sent them for proof yet, and we're in September... I need a big time window!!