The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2008 Calendar Discussion Thread

Supragal

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- No one car can appear more than once in the calendar (with the exception of the group category i.e if a car wins a section itself it may also feature in a winning group shot with other cars)

Rosie,

if a group shot is submitted, does that mean that no cars in that group shot can be in a single shot? Might mean a lot of upset people if they happen to be in a group shot posted by someone else

Mike

I can see why Rosie is saying one entry per car, as people tend to enter tons of pictures otherwise, so cutting them down to a shortlist to vote on must take ages. Also then one person has to make that decision, and since the votes are independant the same car can win several categories and then you end up with the 2nd most popular winning. This way you just need to pick your best photo yourself instead of entering loads.

Simon spot on... in the past people just enter loads because they think they have more chance of winning but as there is a limit of 20 per category thats not really fair...

Front cover... actually yes that could be either thanks for pointing out I'll change that.

It's a shame as I was hoping to try and enter most categorie. Not meening to win in them all but to give choice. This way we are limited.

yes but what happens if you DID win every category? Then it would be back to me again to choose which cars go in each month, and I'm not choosing anything this year, fed up with all the wigging.

Come on, there were loads of AWESOME pictures from last years entries that didn't quite make it, what happened to the while car in the underground car park??? They were ace.

I can't say that I'm impressed with the pics so far except for Terribleturner and HowSupra.

Show some imagination people. I'm looking around day and night for unusual locations and interesting lighting.

Let's give Supraforums a run for their money this year.

I can't say that I'm impressed with the pics so far except for Terribleturner and HowSupra.

Show some imagination people. I'm looking around day and night for unusual locations and interesting lighting.

Let's give Supraforum are run for their money this year.

Erm, you've also got a Supra, yes? :p

I understand the reason why you wouldn't want one car across multiple categories, but why can't we submit multiple photos in ONE category? And you choose, obviously, the best one

I wouuld like that, too. I'm struggling to stick the the decision I've made in the landscape entry bit as i've got 2 similar pics and I seem to keep preferring one over the other, than changing my mind, then changing my mind, then....

Let's give Supraforums a run for their money this year.

Out of interest Martin, why don't you like mine ? I thought it was quite a good one (group)

Come on, there were loads of AWESOME pictures from last years entries that didn't quite make it, what happened to the while car in the underground car park??? They were ace.

The white one was SubCulture wasn't it - I think they sold up and moved on

Mike

Out of interest Martin, why don't you like mine ? I thought it was quite a good one (group)

The white one was SubCulture wasn't it - I think they sold up and moved on

Mike

Firstly, I'm no shit-hot photographer. However, I do know what I like and, more importantly, what I'm going to like looking at for a whole month.

Second, there isn't anything to badly wrong with your pic except for the huge expanse of floor. Now, I'm not saying all the pics should have Supras filling the image but if the subject is going to be viewed from afar at least the rest of the pic should be interesting.

This pic below was my works wallpaper for many weeks.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4791/supra13sk6.jpg

I wouuld like that, too. I'm struggling to stick the the decision I've made in the landscape entry bit as i've got 2 similar pics and I seem to keep preferring one over the other, than changing my mind, then changing my mind, then....

Pretty sure I've already said this BUT the whole point behind doing it this way is because I am fed up with the previous 3 years whinging when I don't shortlist the 'right' photos which inevitably happens because it is just a matter of opinion.

Therefore the decision on which YOU think is the best picture of YOUR car falls to YOU not ME so it can't be MY fault that YOU didn't win. (Generic YOU not you specifically Steve!)

Doing it this way means that my only involvement is the arranging and admin side and the actual choice of pictures is 100% the members decision. Although I'm sure something will go wrong and I'll have to choose or change something and then the world will end as usual.

Pretty sure I've already said this BUT the whole point behind doing it this way is because I am fed up with the previous 3 years whinging when I don't shortlist the 'right' photos which inevitably happens because it is just a matter of opinion.

Therefore the decision on which YOU think is the best picture of YOUR car falls to YOU not ME so it can't be MY fault that YOU didn't win. (Generic YOU not you specifically Steve!)

Doing it this way means that my only involvement is the arranging and admin side and the actual choice of pictures is 100% the members decision. Although I'm sure something will go wrong and I'll have to choose or change something and then the world will end as usual.

Can I just submit 2 and say I didn't? ;) :taped:

Just kidding Rosie, and sorry you have indeed said the reasons why (and I had actually read them, so will double-apologise for my mini-whinge/questioning! :)). I appreciate that stuff like this is a MAJOR headache and will put up with my minor (to be fair, VERY minor) inconvienence warm in the knowledge that it's keeping hair on your head. ;)

Now just hurry up and get your flipping Supra back on the roads so you can submit some of your own pics! I mean submit *1* pic. ;) (Joke!! Please don't ban me! :innocent: )

Now just hurry up and get your flipping Supra back on the roads so you can submit some of your own pics! I mean submit *1* pic. ;) (Joke!! Please don't ban me! :innocent: )

Oh, I won't be submitting. All you will know is that the calendar will arrive at your door with 13 pictures of my car in it :D

Firstly, I'm no shit-hot photographer. However, I do know what I like and, more importantly, what I'm going to like looking at for a whole month.

Second, there isn't anything to badly wrong with your pic except for the huge expanse of floor. Now, I'm not saying all the pics should have Supras filling the image but if the subject is going to be viewed from afar at least the rest of the pic should be interesting.

This pic below was my works wallpaper for many weeks.

[qimg]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4791/supra13sk6.jpg[/qimg]

Hmmm shame about the composition, oh and the red speck in the middle :p My eye tends to look on the building more than anything... everyone has there own opinions just like mine. I think Rosie has a real hard job on her hands just sifting through the photos already. :D