jay_NW

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First of all manny Thanks to Greg and Sam and all the boys at Turbofit as well as Dan for mapping the car.

Picked up the car last week. It was long wait for few parts to get delivered, was it worth the wait ohh yes it was, the power has nearly tripled as well as the torque:) .

I had an AEM fitted on this week and Dan managed to pull a wooping 459hp with 535 Nm of torque. Car is at Turbofit now having a 50mm wastegate fitted cause it was overboosting as the 33mm wasent big enough, the gear box is also getting rebuilt with stronger parts so it can take the power. Dan will remap the car once its finished at Turbofit and we are hoping for 550hp. :thumbs:

For those of you boys with na and wants a Turbo conversion, I would say go for it. Its all worth every penny. :)

Few pics and Videos attached :)

(dyno sheet and more pics to follow)

Turbofits na-t conversion is about 3800 pounds, and i have done few extra mods inc internals

That seems very cheap - at least compared to the TT to Single thread that's around where the total cost seemed to be about £9K.

I seem to be missing something, because there seem to be two options for having a big power single turbo :

1) Buy a TT (£8K?), and spend £9K converting it to single

2) Buy an NA (£5K?) and spend £4K converting it to single

I'm sure I'm missing something significant - but why do people buy TTs again.....?

550 bhp?? Now that really is food for thought.

With NA's going so damn cheap lately you could buy one and then go single. This could be a very cost effective way of getting big BHP for very little ££££

With NA's going for as little as £3k - add this conversion with the extras and surely you could get a 500bhp car for £8k-ish?

That's a very quick car for half the price you'd expect to pay for a normal Single.

That seems very cheap - at least compared to the TT to Single thread that's around where the total cost seemed to be about £9K.

I seem to be missing something, because there seem to be two options for having a big power single turbo :

I'm sure I'm missing something significant - but why do people buy TTs again.....?

You beat me to it Dave - that's kinda what I was getting at. :D

When i looked in to it, the £3800+vat only just got you near BPU'd TT power.

To hit serious power you need to spend a lot more money.

Nice one Jay, car looks sweet, i bet it goes like stink too!

When i looked in to it, the £3800+vat only just got you near BPU'd TT power.

To hit serious power you need to spend a lot more money.

Nice one Jay, car looks sweet, i bet it goes like stink too!

Jay is quoting quite a bit more than BPU - so I guess his other mods are significant and expensive?