The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-T Completed Massive thanks to Turbofit

jay_NW

That seems very cheap - at least compared to the TT to Single thread that's around where the total cost seemed to be about £9K.

I seem to be missing something, because there seem to be two options for having a big power single turbo :

1) Buy a TT (£8K?), and spend £9K converting it to single

2) Buy an NA (£5K?) and spend £4K converting it to single

I'm sure I'm missing something significant - but why do people buy TTs again.....?

The pistons, cams, engine works, 650cc injecters dont come with the conversion.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would you mind to post the costs for these parts? and do you know what parts they will use to improve the strength of the box?

Sorry mate, you gonna have to ask Greg at Turbofit for the parts. If not i will find out and let you know when i speak to him.

What clutch do you have in there? also very interested to hear on the mods to strengthen the 5 speed as have never heard of any

Not sure about the name of the clutch, its a heavy duty clutch, and about the gear box they rebuild the gear box with stronger components.

Have you got any pics of the dyno chart, not seen one yet from an NA conversion.

What turbo is that in there and what was the rear wheel HP (the one that matters :D )

The pic is from my phone. (not very clear, ill post the new one once its all done)

and about the gear box they rebuild the gear box with stronger components.

Stronger components from where? it is a toyota box. The guys on supraforums have been doing these conversions for years, it is a fact the 5 speed is a weak box. Your box will not last long with 500 newton metres of torque going through it, but if turbofit say they can then:d :D Good figures BTW

Stronger components from where? it is a toyota box. The guys on supraforums have been doing these conversions for years, it is a fact the 5 speed is a weak box. Your box will not last long with 500 newton metres of torque going through it, but if turbofit say they can then:d :D Good figures BTW

Thanks bromy, You are rite there, Looks like my box is different to the rest then. I would love to take you for a spin and prove it.

That seems very cheap - at least compared to the TT to Single thread that's around where the total cost seemed to be about £9K.

I seem to be missing something, because there seem to be two options for having a big power single turbo :

1) Buy a TT (£8K?), and spend £9K converting it to single

2) Buy an NA (£5K?) and spend £4K converting it to single

I'm sure I'm missing something significant - but why do people buy TTs again.....?

I see what you're saying but I think maybe what you're missing is that a singled TT would be making more than this singled NA.

Jay's car is now making 390rwhp and 395 lb-ft or torque, if I've worked it out right. Now that's a big improvement over an NA but it's not a lot more that some BPU TTs. I suppose the power level of Jay's car is now about halfway between a BPU TT and a small single.