The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-T Completed Massive thanks to Turbofit

jay_NW

Hi Jay, nice project mate.

Are you going to be lowering the compression by fitting TT pistons or what? Which ones (make) are you going for?[/quote

the compression will be more than a n\a but not as much as the TT engine, the block is the same any way, and the engine is also being re-built.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the compression will be more than a n\a but not as much as the TT engine, the block is the same any way, and the engine is also being re-built.

Welcome to the club Jay and good luck with the install :thumbs:

BTW: A turbo car should have LESS compression than an NA.

approx how much

Mine was roughly £3.2k inc VAT but supplied afew bits so it would of been more. That was not with the internals though. Setup for just over 400bhp sometimes 500 though :innocent:

Gaz

Nice looking motor Jay, you wont look back. Had the conversion done months ago and going back in Jan for quite bit more :ecstatic:

Not a good idea to push the 5 speed box past 400bhp mate, maybe people get this confused with the R154 out of the mk3 which can take 500bhp+, n/a box is pushing it past 400 from what I've read/heard, however the 6 speed n/a can take as much as the TT box.

Had a look on supraforum and there seems to be mixed views... some say they run at over 500rwhp daily driver and have no issues, others have had problems at 350rwhp....

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391880&highlight=w58

We all know about american figures, some of them are claiming 500 on stock injectors (330cc), problems start arising when you put a uprated clutch in, I would like to know what clutch turbofit plan on putting in this car

Not a good idea to push the 5 speed box past 400bhp mate, maybe people get this confused with the R154 out of the mk3 which can take 500bhp+, n/a box is pushing it past 400 from what I've read/heard, however the 6 speed n/a can take as much as the TT box.

I have seen few N/A's pushing just above 500bhp, even though am looking to upgrade the gearbox abt same time next year

Nice one jay... whens the car going in?.. mine is the red one in the corner awaiting a new engine.:)

LOL just read the title ... its already there:D

I dropped it off today, and I saw a red one covered on the lefthand side, that must be the one then. I am upthere next wednesday, will check it out and good luck with the conversion :thumbs:

We all know about american figures, some of them are claiming 500 on stock injectors (330cc), problems start arising when you put a uprated clutch in, I would like to know what clutch turbofit plan on putting in this car

I had a long conversation with Greg and he has done this enough times. HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING

W58 5-Sp box in the N/A MKIV Supra is marginal at best. Driven hard it won't take much more than 300lb/ft torque through it.

The tough 5-Sp is the R154 outta the Mk3 Supra Turbo (UK), 1JZ TT (Jap) or Soarer TT (Jap). That's good for over 500lb/ft torque aparently.

Cheers,

Brian.

what u guys think I will be pushing after the conversion, I am expectiong just abt 500BHP (which is slow compare to most your cars on here), but am just a beginer.

are you joking ;) you will have a very quick car there mate :) trust me and the power figure your quoting is a good output, imo anything over 600ish starts to become a real bitch to put down.....450-500rwhp is far more managable on the road

and as tom said you want the r154 as the w85 is like playing russian roulette over 400, you will need the w85 bellhousing for the r154 if you decide to go down this route so bear that in mind

Good luck jay.

Its gona rock!

Do Turbofit give a one year guarantee on all work?

If so, you have no issues, especially if your planning on updrading the gearbox etc in the future.

I'm saving for a Turbofit NA-T but to be honest, Christmas is not helping and next year I want to move house and find a new job (probably less pay) :(