The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-T Completed Massive thanks to Turbofit

jay_NW

Good luck jay.

Its gona rock!

Do Turbofit give a one year guarantee on all work?

If so, you have no issues, especially if your planning on updrading the gearbox etc in the future.

I'm saving for a Turbofit NA-T but to be honest, Christmas is not helping and next year I want to move house and find a new job (probably less pay) :(

Cheers mate, Yes they do one year guarantee on the turbokit and good luck with your upgrade and the savings (I needed that) lol

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

are you joking ;) you will have a very quick car there mate :) trust me and the power figure your quoting is a good output, imo anything over 600ish starts to become a real bitch to put down.....450-500rwhp is far more managable on the road

and as tom said you want the r154 as the w85 is like playing russian roulette over 400, you will need the w85 bellhousing for the r154 if you decide to go down this route so bear that in mind

Thanks mikey, from 200bhp to 500bhp is alot of different. Its all about power end of the day man :yeahthat:

No gearbox issues here (yet). Standard clutch started to slip about 3 months after the conversion. Got an uprated one in now which made loads of difference in pickup and has been fine. Cant remember the brand though, will dig out the invoice if anyone wants to know.

Thanks Gaz, who done your conversion, is it turbo fit, if then greg might know the make. Would help if u can get the make though. cheers

• 4 weeks later...

w58 should be able to handle the torque but as said its on the boundry,it depends how your gonna treat it and also how it has been treated in the past,the best way forward is to go with the r154 box from the mk3 turbo with a 1jz bellhousing from the 2.5 mk3 turbo, still worth taking the w58 through its paces if you can be arsed with swaping the box as its a much smoother box.

clutch will be the main issue tho,the r154 box is better as it has the pull type clutch like the v160/1's(much more heavy duty), you can then use the mk3 turbo flywheel/clutch setup which is more suited, bear in mind stick shifter need modding on r154 pulling back 100mm to fit jza80 chassis and shifter linkage.

got both setups here but gone a different route.

andy

This is from their web page Greg:

By Email:

[email protected]

By Phone:

Office - 01908 614971

Mobile - 07908 640288

The Workshop and Office:

Turbofit,

110 Tanners Drive,

Blakelands,

Milton Keynes,

MK14 5BG

Bear in mind their web pags still has the wrong post code, which has delayed things getting to them. It SHOULD be MK14 5BQ

w58 should be able to handle the torque but as said its on the boundry,it depends how your gonna treat it and also how it has been treated in the past,the best way forward is to go with the r154 box from the mk3 turbo with a 1jz bellhousing from the 2.5 mk3 turbo, still worth taking the w58 through its paces if you can be arsed with swaping the box as its a much smoother box.

clutch will be the main issue tho,the r154 box is better as it has the pull type clutch like the v160/1's(much more heavy duty), you can then use the mk3 turbo flywheel/clutch setup which is more suited, bear in mind stick shifter need modding on r154 pulling back 100mm to fit jza80 chassis and shifter linkage.

got both setups here but gone a different route.

andy

Thanks dani, verry good info there :)

• 5 weeks later...
Why doesnt anyone ever post what this sort of conversion costs in total..!?

Conversion almost finished. Had to wait longer for the pistons to get delivered. Expecting to pick up the car early next week. Will keep you updated.

If I were you I would call Turbofit or just visit them and have a word, check out few cars that have done similar jobs on. Thats what I done in the begining.

I know what you mean about nobody ever revealing what they paid for work. I for one don't own an NA nor want a conversion but would like to know how much it costs for reference. I'm hardly gonna call Turbofit and waste their time just for a bit of knowledge.

It's not just the NA-T prices, it's people being cagey with costs for work in general. Are people embarassed by spending so much?