The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XXX Stolen Supra Please Read XXX (FOUND)

womble

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How does someone steal a, presumably, alarmed and immobilised car from outside a house in the dead of night? Are immobilisers that easily bypassed? Very worrying.

That's a Point, but usually stuff like this you'll find is done to order and not by your usual common garden thief. Sounds like a professional well planned job mate :(

Absolutely wounded for ya :( . I know the feeling mate and it ain't nice. There's never a right time for shit like this to happen.

:soap: Wish the government could bring in a new law; that if the thieves get caught, then every person they ever stolen from could give them a right royal beating or public stoning....

Then maybe chop their frickin hands and feet off!

Just thought I'd let you all know that as yet I've had no news as to the where abouts of the car or anything else for that matter. I'll be popping out tonight agaig to a few of the places that people hang out in and I'm considering getting some postcards printed up with a pic on one side and the details on the other to hand out. Once the posts back up and running I'll be happy to send them out to any members that would be kind enough to hand them out at any meets / events that they go to.

Thanks again to all that have taken the time to read this thread and to those that have posted their well wishes. Cheers guys.

Hey Buddy, I really hope that you find your car in one piece, however I will contradict myself by saying that dont have your hopes up. I have heard stories of organised car crime where the cars are shipped out of the country the very next morning. OR cars that I broken to bits overnight and sold as scrap / parts...

alrite..newbie just registered to say..gutted for you mate..i live in bradford..close to yeadon..so wil keep my eyes peeled for you,chances are its ended up here anyways..and just to let you know that this has been posted on bradfordcruise.com forums..so theres eyes in bradford and surrounding areas looking out for it..

Not quite the same but someone local to me just had there Vauxhall Cav stolen, now to some it might not seem much but was his pride and joy.

Just hate the way society is going down... down and further down.

Without a shadow of doubt this is the closest and kindest car forum i've ever been on but that doesn't help get the car back unfortunatly.

alrite..newbie just registered to say..gutted for you mate..i live in bradford..close to yeadon..so wil keep my eyes peeled for you,chances are its ended up here anyways..and just to let you know that this has been posted on bradfordcruise.com forums..so theres eyes in bradford and surrounding areas looking out for it..

Hi there, I guess that seeing as you've used your first post here to try and help me out, the least I can do is offer you a warm welcome to the club and naturally say thanks for your help in raising awareness regarding my car. Not sure if you own a Supra yourself, if you do you'll find this a really helpful place to be a member of and even if you don't and just have an interest in Supras then there's plenty of info on here regarding them.

Any ideas / suggestions where in Bradford may be a good place to have a search around?.

No offence but I wouldn't get the guy's hopes up too much. Bone stock Supras in the commonest colour are not exactly rare, are they. Unless the imoc guy can tell a UK spec from a NA?

Like I said, no offence intended, just trying to be realistic :shrug:

Good on you though Michael for spreading the word :thumbs:

Not sure if its been mentioned already, but might be a good idea to check out the petrol stations nearby and take a pic along.

mk47 - that is a damn good idea

a lot of these petrol station employees are a bit more intelligent than they look some of the time. They usually notice the smart cars that come in to refuel.

AJI thats exactly my thinking. And also for womble if your car didnt have much petrol in the night it was stolen it might be worth going over to all the local petrol stations as that would definately be their first port of call, and cctv etc etc.

Any ideas / suggestions where in Bradford may be a good place to have a search around?.

Have driven past some 'shady' areas and not seen/heard of anything however if you are in Bradford you may want to drive around the Leeds Rd/Barkerend and Fagley/Killinghall areas to see if anything comes up....

May be worthwhile ringing local 'Import/Sports Cars' garages and just mention that your car has been stolen and a quick description just incase someone tries to sell it on or parts are offered.

Rash

P.s. My Bro owns 2 service stations in Bradford and I told him to tell his staff to keep there eyes peeled.

I'm still thinking of how I'd nick a Supra.

I was sat on the toilet having a morning shit before (coffee - who needs laxatives!) and thinking about a car that'd been left dumped (no pun intended) outside one of my suppliers a while ago, which the police wouldn't move because it still had valid tax on it.

I was thinking, all I'd do is call my mate up who buys/repairs/sells damaged cars and have him bring his ex-Greenflag truck thingy and winch the car onto the flatbed. As long as there's no tilt or shock sensor it would probably work.

That's how he got my last Supra out of a ditch anyway.