The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XXX Stolen Supra Please Read XXX (FOUND)

womble

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to pry but why the secrecy over the alarm details?

As I put in my earlier post whilst there is a (granted slim) chance that it may have been lifted / towed away I don't really want to go public on what security was / is fitted to it. I will happily add to that though that it was CAT1 and the key is still in my possesion.

That's really harsh :( Hope it gets sorted quickly.

Makes me wonder how good all this security is? I thought you needed CAT1 minimum to insure a supe anyway? Surely it's not that easy to bypass?

I'm sure the people who design/install CAT1 alarms know exactly how to get past them :(

Agreed with Luke, if a thief wants your car no matter what you have on it they will get it, Cat 1 just makes it a little tougher.

Only just seen this, gutted for you sir - it's not even as if your house is somewhere that has passing traffic, someone has obviously planned this one very carefully :(

Will keep an eye out....

Don't I know it Michael. Funny you should mention that as I was talking to one of my neighbours about it earlier and we concluded that whilst if your car was out in the open / in a well lit area it meant it was harder for people to maybe nick it yet more likely a theif would see it. However if it's hidden away theifs are less likely to see it but if they do it's easy to spend a while under cover of darkness working round the security of the car.

I've Been out tonight driving around a few unsavory places in Leeds / Bradford where stolen cars appartently often end up getting dumped. No sign of mine but then I guess it was a bit of a shot in the dark although I feel better that at least I've had a look as opposed to sitting here just imagining it just sat there. On the good side I've got to say that when I went down to a couple of trading estates / McDonalds car parks all of the lads and lass's in their Nova's / Corsa's / Astra's etc that I've previousley tarred with the boy racer badge have taken a real interest and asked what they should do / who should they call if they see it and were reaching for their phones to take reg number / details well before I asked them to. Restores a bit of faith really and I think I'll knock up some flyers similar to my initial post with the cars details and a pic to go round handing out to them tomorrow night.