Its official... Lucifer wont sell to me

JamieP

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread seems a bit off....

I dare say a lot of the traders on here also buy up parts they don't sell on straight away and they end up sitting on the shelf for months on end...

Then when someone suddenly needs that part, at least it is immediately available, albeit maybe at a higher price than the trader paid for it.

I have no qualms with that. If the trader cannot make money on their deals, then in the long run everyone suffers, because that trader will no longer be around when we need them.

You can't have it both ways people.............

The thing is Jamie is not having a go at traders but trying to be more fair with selling his bit's to the common man. I can understand that any trader may want the goods for themselves, but at the same time traders must appreciate that we know that their business is to make money and a natural assumtion is they are there to buy the parts to mark up and sell on. If i was a trader i probably would have said to Jamie that the part was for my car and not being used as stock. Im pretty sure if that had been said there wouldn't have been a problem.

Andrew i hear what your saying about "the long run everyone suffers". But say you need a part that is snapped up by a trader. This now means you suffer. They then add their profit and sell it on to you for more. You now suffer agian as you could have got it earlier.

I am awake and can't sleep. Its 03.54 and I have just read this and the other thread.

Jamie, you have the right to decide who you sell to. No-one can tell you what to do.

Martin, same applies

BUT,

If some one decides not to sell to a trader, and then that trader decides not to sell to him in principle, this is IMHO wrong.

Jamie's ethic's are he wants to help the members first. Martin's response about this is what money does, implies that Jamie has too much money (again IMHO) from reading it.

I have had no dealings with Martin, except with a Radio for the Aristo that I had arranged to drop off at DB's when I went to Germany. And the grief I got for that was really bad.

Martin, you have a great reputation on here, but taking a moral stance and alienating the members has got to be wrong after all this is a Members Club.

After all the threads recently there is 2 Supra forums, one for the traders (we all know which one that is) and one for the members where they can pass on info and discuss openly (mod's approval of course ;) ).

I think 2 things have happened.

The thread about selling to traders got out of hand.

As a result this thread was started.

We have Jamie's thoughts and Martin's.

Lets just say it will never happen again if that is the case and move on. Makes life easier. (and I should know eh ;) , being a known trouble maker), (and talking of trouble makers ain't it great that Pete has re-formed into a nice helpful chap:innocent: )

I aint got a problem with leaving it... the thing that annoyed me and the reason that i started this thread is that i did not start the thread regarding the fair or not thing... and i was not the first person to put no traders in my for sale stuff.. but i was the one singled out for not selling his parts to???:search:

It's amazing - I sometimes think that this forum could start an arguement in an empty room.

No one takes this seriously surely? :search:

Basically is anyone sticks up a 'no traders' sign on their sale they can look forward to a ton of derision at requests for help, I look forward to them trying buy anything off me and trying to get on any trips that I organise!

As if...

You dont want traders to buy anything...get quicker! ;)

Hmm - I am not sure why there is a problem between you two (Jamie and Martin).

Jamie's gripe was traders buying up everything for sale so that normal members didn't have a chance to get any used parts (except via traders). He liked the idea of members being given a short time window to get parts before traders.

Then comes the hump between you two despite the fact that..........:

Martin also agrees with thise, as he has allowed members who want a part to have them even if he has got 1st "dibs" on it. Which is actually exactly what Jamie was arguig for.

We went through this with PaulE ages ago, he's still here, he's still trading and he's still buying stuff from people under the mask of using it on his own cars (and for all I know that's exactly why he's buying things, I don't care)... nobody is dead, nobody got a flesh eating disease and everyone just carries on.... the same will happen with this little episode once those involved move on and find something else to amuse them.

None of us are forced to sell anything to anyone, certain traders won't deal with me, I won't deal with certain traders, I'm not crying and nobody is chastising them for being selective :)

And traders are a whole lot more likely to actually pay the money over when they say they will, rather than say they will deffo have it, string it out past two paydays and then stop communicating :D

-Ian

you have never been owed money by paul then :p

j/k

what about a 1 hour rule, if nobody replies to a part for sale within an hour then a trader can pick it up for stock, personal use then reply right away. Gives members a bit more of a chance then. Just a suggestion tho.

I personally think anything in the forsale section is free game to anyone who wants it but stipulating "No Traders" should never cause insult.

what about a 1 hour rule, if nobody replies to a part for sale within an hour then a trader can pick it up for stock, personal use then reply right away. Gives members a bit more of a chance then. Just a suggestion tho.

Look, once more just to clarify the matter :D

The stuff is for sale, someone buys it, no problem.

It doesn't matter who buys it, whoever sold it is happy, whoever missed out is pissed off.

That's the way buying and selling in the classifieds works ;)

I personally think anything in the forsale section is free game to anyone who wants it but stipulating "No Traders" should never cause insult.

Only by the fact that saying "No traders" is discrimination, in the same way as saying "No whites, blacks, asians, gays, straights, women, men etc"

I'll stick my neck out here and say that, in reality, nobody sells on mkivsupra.net to do anybody a favour, but themselves.

Guys if you really want to do someone a favour give them the stuff

What sellers don't like is the thought of someone (normally a trader) making any money out of something that they may have priced a bit low for the current market.

Buyers don't like to have missed out on items that they wanted, and maybe saw as undervalued.

In reality though, it matters not one jot whether the item was bought by a trader (to resell or keep) or another member. The item has been sold, they've missed out, end of story. Nobody seems to mind when a trader "snaps up" an overvalued item. ;)

If you don't like the way that mkivsupra.net classified ads work, then don't use them.

Buy and sell your Supra bits on eBay, and deal with the unrivalled messers on there, but please do realise that your items can still be bought by an unscrupulous trader and relisted for (shock horror) profit. :shock:

Only by the fact that saying "No traders" is discrimination, in the same way as saying "No whites, blacks, asians, gays, straights, women, men etc"

To be honest i was comparing putting "No Traders" to placing "No agencies" in your car advert but seeing this is a club then yeah fair point you are discrimating against other club members.

What sellers don't like is the thought of someone (normally a trader) making any money out of something that they may have priced a bit low for the current market.

LOL, How many people trade in their car to a garage then check how much it's selling for a week later? Lots i imagine, and there's nothing you can do about it. :)

Geoff,

Haven’t you ever heard of positive discrimination? How you can compare ethnic racism to positive discrimination is very odd.

Secondly, I would like to believe there are good people in the world, especially on this site who are willing to help each other out. I don’t just believe that either, the proof is everywhere!! I.e. the responses people get when they ask help. I know too well, I have received so much help from others for no benefit of themselves. I think it works with selling things as well when you consider that everyone has to sell things to survive, you can’t avoid that, its called trade, its how this world exists.

Most importantly, I thought the traders were here to benefit the club members? How does traders buying things to re-sell to other members at a profit help the club?

I don’t disagree with Traders buying things but just because they are on the site most of the day (cos its there job) I don’t think they should get first dibs on everything. At the end of the day its up to the seller, but that doesn’t mean its right.

Finally, If a trader is willing to buy something to re-sell, then its going to be worth buying. Don’t know if it happens or not, but club members should be given a chance to buy things first which they want to fit to their car before traders dive in for the kill.

Where do you all get this idea that the traders are here to benefit the members? The traders are here to make money. Thats what traders do in any form of business. The idea that we are doing them a favour by allowing them to trade and therefore they should be eternally grateful and accept any dumb rule we can can come up with is is bloody ludicrous.

Where do you all get this idea that the traders are here to benefit the members? The traders are here to make money. Thats what traders do in any form of business. The idea that we are doing them a favour by allowing them to trade and therefore they should be eternally grateful and accept any dumb rule we can can come up with is is bloody ludicrous.

Good point CJ

Sorry mate i dont c it that way. I would go along with the rest of the worlds idea on trading instead, customer (or in this case member) comes first

Sorry mate i dont c it that way. I would go along with the rest of the worlds idea on trading instead, customer (or in this case member) comes first

Customers may come first but how does that equate to the traders being here soley to benefit us? They are here to make money - in some cases this is their sole income. I tell you what. Think about how the forum would look and run if we didnt have any traders and then ask yourself which way you would prefer it?

As I see it we the members and the participating traders need each other. It isnt a master servant relationship but more a communal partnership that benefits both sides.

Geoff,

Haven’t you ever heard of positive discrimination? How you can compare ethnic racism to positive discrimination is very odd.

re-iterating my previous post.

I'm a trader, but I trade in car audio, security and electronic installation. If someone wants to sell a set of wheels, theoretically, 'no-traders', means I'm not allowed to buy them. I don't class that as positive discrimination.

re-iterating my previous post.

I'm a trader, but I trade in car audio, security and electronic installation. If someone wants to sell a set of wheels, theoretically, 'no-traders', means I'm not allowed to buy them. I don't class that as positive discrimination.

I'll sell you a Subaru exhaust system if you want, Matt? :D

They are here to make money - in some cases this is their sole income.

There are a fair few people that think 'profit' is a bad word. They hate the thought that people should be allowed to make profit. Yet, how many people work for free.

Virtually everyones hard earned wages come from making a profit. Live and let live.

Ho hum :rolleyes: