The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Its official... Lucifer wont sell to me

JamieP

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my 2p worth, I voted that its not fair on us members and I still stick by it but I also share the same opinion first come first served so I am really on the fence TBH.

Although this thread and the other was not aimed at Martin in Martins defence I have seen him back down on a few occasions when someone else was interested :thumbs:.

I have dealt with 3 traders on here (not all as I have not got that much money lol) Martin being one of them and I will always use Martin the other traders deal in other things they too will get used.

I can see how this thread became handbags at ten paces but Jamie I dont know you I have had a semi run in but not holding that against you and maybe at a meet we can have a blether who knows, but I have had the pleasure of meeting Martin and he is a top bloke so far I cannot fault as I said Jamie you may also be a top bloke but not met ya!

Can we all not get along and just chill, maybe this "no traders" is a good thing but it has to apply to all which I think Gaz and Jamie meant, but what happens when you cant sell and the only option is a trader do you honestly think that the trader will come along happily? Just an idea you could have "no traders at mo let others have a go if not sold then you can have" or something like that, it saves alienating all traders.

Just my 2p for what its worth, maybe not much but who knows.

Nice to see a trader who actually gives a toss about his reputation tho. Most would show anger, Martin is obviously genuinely upset

I dont see the big deal myself... why get so upset because i and a few others wont sell our second hand parts to traders?? i just rather help out fellow members first:search:

Horses for courses - Market forces, to quote Roger Waters. If you want to sell something on an open market, then you can't choose who buys it.

Unless...if you feel this strongly about not selling to traders, you could have told Lucifer the item had already gone and sold it to the next person. Secretive yes, but no-one would have been offended, no-one would be any the wiser, and we wouldn't have yet another trader thread with arguments in it.

I dont see the big deal myself... why get so upset because i and a few others wont sell our second hand parts to traders?? i just rather help out fellow members first:search:

I actually totally see the point in what your saying tho. Paul E bought stuff off me for his own car. When he decided not to fit he sold them back on here for the same price :)

Although this thread and the other was not aimed at Martin in Martins defence I have seen him back down on a few occasions when someone else was interested :thumbs:.

like here

Martin I think you've gone well too far... it wasn't specifically aimed at you, just a general guideline thing from some peeps who were hoping for stuff then felt a bit gazz-umt at that last thread....

obviously no-one can enforce or police such a rule... and to be fair it was a bit of a laugh at anyway.. :rolleyes: STOP taking it all to heart mate!

I think you've done above and beyond trying to make an impact on here and I think this has gone well too far....

Take a breath and please don't undo the good work you've done on here... :)

I'm in two minds over this... On the one hand as a seller I couldn't care less who buys it, so long as its sold! On the other hand as a buyer, I've missed SO many parts on here which have been snapped up by traders within minutes of the post being made.

If it were different people getting these bargains or hard-to-get parts I wouldn't care less, but its always been one of two traders - in the last year just one trader (Martin - no offense meant personally, this is a fact). I'm all for the free market and all but it does kinda grate on you when time after time the same trader is snapping up parts I'm after!

Take a breath and please don't undo the good work you've done on here... :)

:yeahthat:

Oh FFS! You're all a bunch of bloody kids sometimes.

Grow up!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_angry.gif

The 'not selling to traders' is a bit daft really. What if Martin wanted to buy a stereo that someone is offering? - He's not a stereo trader... What if I want to buy a set of wheels? - I'm not a wheel trader... :rolleyes:

The 'not selling to traders' is a bit daft really. What if Martin wanted to buy a stereo that someone is offering? - He's not a stereo trader... What if I want to buy a set of wheels? - I'm not a wheel trader... :rolleyes:

I tell you whats even more daft.... not selling to customers:rolleyes:

what like.. plank?

Nah. We got a sales guy who makes up really imaginative and suitable names. He really ought to do it professionally. I'm not very good at calling people names myself, I never mastered the art.

Nah. We got a sales guy who makes up really imaginative and suitable names. He really ought to do it professionally. I'm not very good at calling people names myself, I never mastered the art.

bit childish aint it??? as someone once said "grow up FFS":p