The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NUR berg ring meet 9th April

Timwildman

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my Green card through today:D. just need to sort out travel insurance.

Does any one want a euro sticker to go next to there number plate? The one with the blue background stars and GB bit. Thought it would be better to get a sticker to look like the bit on a number plate, rather than an old fashoned, great big white GB sticker.

Is anyone getting track insurance? Is it worht it?

Originally posted by CJ

I have had a thought. I dont have the new style number plates (Euro stars etc), do I still need one of the GB stickers? If so, what is the best type to get?

You need a sticker if you dont have a euro stylie number plate. I was just going to get a sticker made up to look like a euro plate(only the blue bit) then stick it on a space on my huge number plate. It'll look better and save fitting new plates :)

I got a little GB sticker at my local carshop here in Bicester. Its quite small and stuck it on my rear window. It's not that visible from the rear, but who cares? ;)

"but it is there mr police officer, cant you see, or do you need glasses?" :D

I can get you one and bring it to the meet sunday CJ?

In theory you are supposed to carry a fire extinguisher in Belgium, and a medical kit and warning triangle in France and Germany. Halfords do a kit that has a GB sticker and this stuff, but to be honest I wouldn't worry too much, I very much doubt that anyone would notice.

The one thing you must do is make sure you have nothing that could be mistaken for a speed camera detector. They are very strict on this in France, and if they suspect you have one they will apparently rip your car to bits in order to confiscate it, even if it's a GPS jobby that doesn't work in Europe anyway.

Tim - not much point bothering with travel insurance I would have thought. Fill in an E111 and that takes care of medical care in Europe, and your car insurance probably covers everything else.

OK getting closer now.

So what time are we all going to meet up? we need to be at Dover by 5:30, so i'm thinking leave Bournemouth at 12ish got plenty of time for bankholiday traffic? Anyone else any ideas, As i've never driven to dover before. Guess we can all meet up along the way.

I will be coming from Oxford own along the M25 and then the M20 so I doubt that I will meet anyone along the way.

If someone knows a landmark just before the ferry terminal, I could meet you all there at a given time.