The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NUR berg ring meet 9th April

Timwildman

Guest m5 killer

for those who are going and havent booked yet sea cat will be running again in march its cheaper than euro tunnel and is only ten minutes longer on the crossing and i might be able to swing some people in to a friends apartment for 30 gbp each in brussels.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by m5 killer

for those who are going and havent booked yet sea cat will be running again in march its cheaper than euro tunnel and is only ten minutes longer on the crossing and i might be able to swing some people in to a friends apartment for 30 gbp each in brussels.

Heya M5killer :)

That sounds cool! You coming to another meet soon?

Originally posted by pulse

I have to pull out of this one, sorry all. I was looking forward to it too. I haven't got a clue if I'll still be in the UK by the time this happens, and if so I probably won't have a car or be able to afford it. Ho hum :)

-p

http://www.angelfire.com/super2/millhouse/images/ZC_ARG_129.GIF

Guest m5 killer
Originally posted by Supragal

Heya M5killer :)

That sounds cool! You coming to another meet soon?

hopefully very soon just really busy at the moment, supras having surgery so driving the m3 i see you all soon

Have we booked rooms etc? Who should I pay?

As an aside, what will i need to do to my car to drive through France, Germany etc? I have never driven over there before so please excuse my ignorance and be gentle with me. :)

ok you need to book the ferry with all your details etc..

Hoverspeed: hoverspeed

you nedd to put sb/sm3 in the product code bit

costs £49

You can book on-line and save 98p, or by phone on 0870 2408070

details: 08/04/2004 18:00 dover-calais

10/04/2004 20:30 Calais-dover

Cancilation costs £30

edit cos, i'm stupid:upside:

No booked for everyone, because we can pay when we get there. Where as the ferry people want money upfront, and the cancelation fee is almost as much as the fare. so if I booked for everyone then I end up paying if people cant make it. I can book the ferry if you want as long as you promiss to pay :D

Got some info about what you need for trips to Europe genrally:

taken from RAC

What you need before setting off A valid UK Driving Licence is required

A driver's minimum age is 17

A Camping Card International is recommended

A Green Card and Motor Insurance certificate is recommended. Motorists should carry evidence of motor insurance (insurance certificate). A Green Card provides additional proof that the minimum legal third party cover is held. For further advice please contact your insurance company

UK registered vehicles displaying Euro-plates (circle of 12 stars above the national identifier on blue background) are no longer obliged to affix a GB sticker to the rear of the vehicle when driving in Germany. A GB sign is still required when travelling outside the European Union

A crash helmet when riding a motorcycle is compulsory

No motorway charges

Petrol, diesel and LPG are available. Leaded petrol no longer available in Germany. A lead substitute additive can be purchased for vehicles requiring leaded petrol and added to the fuel tank

Children under 12 or less than 1.50m in height are forbidden to travel in the front seat without a child restraint in Germany

Compulsory products: A warning triangle, Headlamp converters

Recommended products: Spare bulbs, A fire extinguisher, A first aid kit