The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RSP 6-spd VVT-i PHR Single 2000

carl0s

Guest Flat4_ire
Don't think there was any mention of the clutch i presume it must be upgraded?

yeah its upgraded for def, he just forgot to throw it in the ad, more than likely an rps unit

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a 2p addition!!

If you check out this month's J-Tuner you'll notice coverage of another one of our Supe's in there. If you then read the text you'll find he suffered a major engine meltdown on a low mileage vehicle just because the removal of the CAT's and the downpipe and probably the induction kit changed enough to cause issues.

My point is it doesn't matter how trivial a mod you do it makes sense to take it easy until you have a chance to get the car re-mapped and change any air/fuel issues the part may cause.

You don't hear much about engine failures on these I agree but the principal of how they can fail this way makes sense to me.

As I said just my opinion.

Pete :)

If you check out this month's J-Tuner you'll notice coverage of another one of our Supe's in there. If you then read the text you'll find he suffered a major engine meltdown on a low mileage vehicle just because the removal of the CAT's and the downpipe and probably the induction kit changed enough to cause issues.

I read that last night. He either didn't use a restrictor ring or (more likely) didn't have a FCD, or used a crap one that simply remoces cut (HKS?) rather than provided linear mix (Thor). Can't quite remember but the info is in the search bar to find out.

Dyno time £1.5K? I guess the first mapper made a balls of it.

I am 99% sure that the car would have been mapped at Tuning Japanese as he has the Motec and out of the "Tuners" he listed Tuning Crapanese is the only one who does the Motec.

Tuning Crapanese sucks balls, so there is the weak link.

Gaz @ Envy looks like he's in a bid war with Chiefgroover in the auction... :)

That is you is it not Gaz ? :D

Congrats? :conf: :)
Yep! :yahoo:

Paul Whiffin bumped the price up more than I was hoping to pay but I went for it anyway.

Does it mention it has a UK bonnet on it or is it jusr an air scoop add on?
Just a scoop

Yep! :yahoo:

Paul Whiffin bumped the price up more than I was hoping to pay but I went for it anyway.

Just a scoop

Well done m8, that to me is a 'as good as you're gonna get' Supra imho, great colour, kit and wheels, 6 speed and with decent power when you get it sorted (if it needs much work?). :trophy:

How did PW bump it up (obviously not on eBay.. neither of you are). Was there some telephone bidding/offering going on?
Mike, the seller (seems like a really decent guy) said that PW had offered him three different progressively higher bids. I think he wanted the car to go to a Supra enthusiast rather than a trader who will probably just flog it on. No offence to PW but I kinda agree with him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.