The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RSP 6-spd VVT-i PHR Single 2000

carl0s

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why it's had such a major engine rebuild already?

Will it need remapping once it's run-in to avoid another melt-down?

He has kind of quietly implied it might need some mapping.. hmm :confused:

"Before the rebuild it was mapped at 542BHP and over 500 torque!"

Does that mean it was running 542bhp when the engine blew up? I'm assuming it blew up, why else would a 50,000 mile engine need rebuilding and new pistions etc?

Here is the big line!

The car has had a recent engine rebuild and has not completely been run in therefore the new owner will be getting something real special. Before the rebuild it was mapped at 542BHP and over 500 torque! (I have the paperwork to show the results) on a rolling road. The old HKS S-type FMIC was the bottleneck. Now the car has the larger Greddy FMIC so after the engine is ready to go, the car might need some setup tweaks and another session on a rolling road.

Dyno time £1.5K? I guess the first mapper made a balls of it.

Dyno time £1.5K? I guess the first mapper made a balls of it.
Yeah, sounds like it.

I presume it'll need to be run in before being mapped properly as you shouldn't give it full load or full revs until them. But is it mapped safely enough for running in? Or will it need mapping again just to run it in?

saffire blue

:rolleyes:

The interior is superb with the carbon finish as it was standard on the later cars.

Eh? What's this all about. Carbon dash and steering wheel standard? First I've heard of that.

Looks nice with sensible mods.

Isn't that Mike Lavery's car? Basingstoke area. Saw it at Castle Combe last weekend - nicely built, but it didn't make me think "Wow, how well kept".

Still, Motec M600, Powerhouse single, KADs, TEINs...and lots done by Whifbitz and TDI...

I wouldn't say no at the current ebay price.

Yeap, its Mike L's car. Lovely car, one of the last ones built. He brought it nearly new a few years ago. During that time, he slowly tuned it up, using all the best parts / tuners.

He's spent £1000's on it. He's got monaro now, the 6 litre jobby I think and although he wanted to keep the supra, just hasnt the space and never uses it. He owns and runs an IT company and a Race day company and has nobles etc which he rents out.

He still comes on the http://www.smartgroup.com/uksupras board. Been a member of that group for nearly 5 years and have witnessed the slow transform of Mikes car.

Its a legit car, no iffy history, no hidden faults, all professional done. He's a nice guy.

SBK

Guest Flat4_ire
1.5k dyno time??? shouldnt cost more than £600 for a full day on a dyno to fully map any car

Mike

maybe it needs 2 and haLf days :D

maybe it needs 2 and haLf days :D

jesus must have major problems to have 2 1/2 days :D

if its been mapped and just had a few extra bits added then it should only need a tweek.

think when i called thor they quoted me around £600 for a full day but said to map my AEM would take around 3-4 hours, same from abbey they said £600 a day for the dyno and mapping

Mike

Guest Flat4_ire
:drool: :drool: :drool: Very nice, one of the best bodykits too :cool:

750 squids is still a lot of money though aint it, has to be done though!

i think the reason behind the dyno time was that he first did cams, then moved on to a single. Due to the mods, it took a while to get the car working well. But, he's a perfectionist and wasnt happy, and therefore had additional work done to ensure the car run properly at that bhp.

I know from conversations with him that he wanted the car to be perfect and didnt want it to blow / go lean. Best thing to do is contact him, he will go into the car's complete history, the mods he did, tuners.

There is no hidden story to this, its not a dud, or a bang of problems, I doubt he's used it for ages as last time I spoke to him he was going to sell it, but just never got round to it.

If I never had a mkiv tt / m3 / pajero / 2 x mkiii turbos / 1 x 200sx, I would of brought it off him. Thats how i know a lot about the car.

I love the wheels, car looks good in real life.

SBK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.