The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ten of the Best 5

Ian C

Guest Terry S
It's cause they arn't running stock suspension mounting points. :(

Yeah I know, but a fully stripped out car with a Fuel cell where the back seat was hardly constitutes stock either.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I know, but a fully stripped out car with a Fuel cell where the back seat was hardly constitutes stock either.

Well yeah...But there are only about 2 rules they had to comply with...and they failed.

Shame as with stock suspension I feel sure they could have troubled Cowie.

Yep, just heard from Chris that the CRD car is class X.

We've paid by the way, he will have the form by now.

It would be good if we can invite Steve W (DJ Imports) as he does well.

I have feeling we will get stuffed by the Vipers in RWD class. The GTR, Subaru, Evo teams will be very strong as well.

Gaz.

Cheers Gaz.

Filling it out right now.

Do you need a hand ;)

1. Leon - 10.02

2. Kevin Huntley - 10.5

3. Gregsupra4 - 11.2

4. Christian - 12.09 paid

5. Justin - 12.15 paid

6. Terry S - 12.37 paid

7. Ian C - 12.69 form in, trying to pay

8. tDR (replaced Michel Lane - 12.71) paid

9. Jake

Anyone going to fill the 10th slot? And can anyone get a definitive response from Leon?

Anyone else going to go on the handling circuit this year, hmmm? :)

-Ian

I think the top speed challenge will be our best chance of getting points on the board, so it may be an idea as a team to concentrate on this. Although now they have reduced it to just a mile this may hamper things a little.

I got on the handling course TOTB3 but the queue was just too long last year and due to the delayed start I chose to concentrate on the 1/4 mile and the top speed run instead.

Kevin

Reason's I have for using a Trailor:

1, If the car brakes down or is damaged at the event the AA won't collect you from a race circuit. Breakdown recovery back to Newcastle would be both expensive and time consuming.

2, The Trailor doubles up as a mobile Pit for Inspecting the under cariage of the car. (BTW if anyone wants to use this facility at the event they are more than welcome to)

3, It allows me to prepare the car for the event the night before. Ie Tyres, Race fuel, ECU Map, suspension, brakes etc etc. All that would take up valuable race time. It also means I can start my journey later so I can get a better nights kip.

4, Stops me putting miles on my pride and joy traveling to and from race events.

5, Saves on petrol costs.

6, Allows me to transport more parts to an event.

7, I am Lucky to have one so why not use it.:)

Theres probably more reasons but I can't think of them right now.

I will be driving the car down to Max Power Live and JAE this year just like I did last.

Kevin

Is there a trailered catagory and a tesco trim one this year? It would be nice to give the "normal" roadgoing yet still bonkers fast cars a bit of recognition, as it's a bit shit having to put your pride and joy up against the trailer "queens"....that only come out for race day.

Erm out of interest who's car have I just slated by calling a Queen?? (ie who's coming on a trailer?)

Kev,

No 8. Driving to an event means dead fly splatter all over the front. All those dead flys add weight. Too much weight equals slower time.

Not to mention that their little corpses break up the smooth flow of air over the front.

:D

1. Leon - 10.02

2. Kevin Huntley - 10.5

3. Gregsupra4 - 11.2

4. Christian - 12.09 paid

5. Justin - 12.15 paid

6. Terry S - 12.37 paid

7. Ian C - 12.69 form in, trying to pay

8. tDR (replaced Michel Lane - 12.71) paid

9. Jake

10. ????

Payment and form sent.

looking forward to it.that keith chegwin is a right old moaner if its not going his way.hope he gets stuffed at the 1/4. there is a few other cars that could do the biz with goot times.love to see the crd do good too.they sure are dedicated to the drag racing.

hope the times of cars are up for all to see.see who is doing what.

good luck to all taking part.

well the forms had to be in by today (well officially tomorrow but no post on a Sunday) so if anybody on that list hasnt got their forms in then theres a chance you wont be able to compete.

I will call Leon today to discuss it with him as Im sure he wants to run really.

Lets keep ordering those club discount tickets as well please people.

JB

Reason's I have for using a Trailor:

1, If the car brakes down or is damaged at the event the AA won't collect you from a race circuit. Breakdown recovery back to Newcastle would be both expensive and time consuming.

2, The Trailor doubles up as a mobile Pit for Inspecting the under cariage of the car. (BTW if anyone wants to use this facility at the event they are more than welcome to)

3, It allows me to prepare the car for the event the night before. Ie Tyres, Race fuel, ECU Map, suspension, brakes etc etc. All that would take up valuable race time. It also means I can start my journey later so I can get a better nights kip.

4, Stops me putting miles on my pride and joy traveling to and from race events.

5, Saves on petrol costs.

6, Allows me to transport more parts to an event.

7, I am Lucky to have one so why not use it.:)

Theres probably more reasons but I can't think of them right now.

I will be driving the car down to Max Power Live and JAE this year just like I did last.

Kevin

The difference is Kevin, yours COULD drive there and back and IS a genuine road car too. There's a lot of competing cars that are NOT road cars.

I thought the spirit of this event was they were road cars, used as road cars. We all know Kevins car is fully road legal and seen regularly at events arriving under its own power.

I think the best testiment to this, was Dude towing everthing in a trailer behind his MKIV, competing, doing well, packing it all away and towing everything home.

I thought the spirit of this event was they were road cars, used as road cars. We all know Kevins car is fully road legal and seen regularly at events arriving under its own power.

I think the best testiment to this, was Dude towing everthing in a trailer behind his MKIV, competing, doing well, packing it all away and towing everything home.

I know I have accepted that its not about road cars now, its about cars capable of going on the road. The whole event has to be based around spectacle now, 11sec 1/4s are old hat, everybody expects the big guys to put in sub 10 seconds and whatever needs to be done to achieve that is pretty much allowed (which is why the CRD suspension thing caught me by surprise, I wasnt aware it was one of the few rules they had about changing the general structure of the car).

Thats one of the reasons why the 'stock turbo' challenge by the GT battle guys was going to be so good, you dont bother dropping in a fully tubbed suspension if you are on stock turbos, you focus elsewhere for power. Perhaps that can be an event for next year.

JB

Iwould be happy to run my car but have not had chance to do a time yet.

Went to Elvington this weekend but heavy rain by the time we were ready to run.

Car weighs 1460 kg and has 849.6 rear hup hp and 633.6 ft/lb torque so on paper should be reasonable. Let me know if any places still available.