The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ten of the Best 5

Ian C

if i get my single in time for this i'd love to do this, strokered 3.2hks build and a dbb bl67 will all surporting mods, just a case of when i can afford the turbo kit, just ordered and soon to have the clutch and flywheel for the job and fuelling and ecu too, all built just gotta get some more money now for the turbo kit :D will keep you informed, if you still have anyplaces

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, the closing date for competitors to have their entries into the TOTB crew is 2nd July. Oddly that's a sunday unless Chris Mann has typo'd the email again ;)

This means that we have to have our team sorted out a couple of weeks before that in order for the entrants to book in and pay. If more than nine people (CRD are invited but they will take one of our spaces, that's just the way it works) want to and are able to compete on July 19th that's when I'll make the decision on who does based on proven performance. Again, that's times from pod, crail, shakespear co, previous TOTB events. It's not the size of your turbo or the BHP figure in your sig ;)

I'll take into account terminal speeds to some degree, as well as 1/4 mile times. If you've got a top speed run over 1.25 miles that'd be factored in too but they don't happen that often. If it comes down to the wire between me and someone else getting in then we will put it to the vote or something, I'm gonna play fair on this.

Also of note is that the top speed run this year is one mile only:

"The top speed trap will also now be set at a standing mile distance, to utilise a recognised distance for this part of the competition."

I think it's also because speeds are getting so high that the half a mile stopping distance was becoming a safety issue, so fair enough. Apart from that there is a points incentive to compete in all three disciplines, some other points tweakery, and the spectator bus for the top speed run finish line is back! :nana:

-Ian

Will any of you guys that are competing going to be able to put in a good handling circuit time?

Do you have fully adjustable suspension to go along with your big single turbos?

;-)

I'll have you know I got tenth in class at TOTB4 :tongue:

4th in class top speed, 30th at 1/4mile lol

-Ian

Guest dee_rz

1. Ian C

2. Terry S

3. Secondjump

4. Kevin Huntley

5. David Price

6. Gregsupra4

7. James ( My old T88 Supra am comfident it will pull a good time, he is going to test it first)

8.Richie S

9. dee_rz :D please :) i'll get my time in

Guest dee_rz
Will any of you guys that are competing going to be able to put in a good handling circuit time?

Do you have fully adjustable suspension to go along with your big single turbos?

;-)

fully tein race spec here, may go with a cage before then too :eyebrows:

• 2 weeks later...
by the sounds of it with all these single conversions ,theres going to be some great competition for places this year!:)
good to see competition.drives you push yourself further.loads os single supras about now.look forward to seeing some good times. think in past they look at supras as not a threat.the cdr supra should do the biz

good look to all and better times for supras

• 3 weeks later...

1. Ian C

2. Terry S

3. Secondjump

4. Kevin Huntley

5. David Price

6. Gregsupra4

7. James ( My old T88 Supra am comfident it will pull a good time, he is going to test it first)

8.Richie S

9. dee_rz please i'll get my time in

10. Robbie

1. Ian C

2. Terry S

3. Secondjump

4. Kevin Huntley

5. David Price

6. Gregsupra4

8.Richie S

9. dee_rz please i'll get my time in

10. Robbie

11. Christian

• 2 weeks later...

Ian can I go down as a reserve for now please - got plans for the car coming together towards the end of the month and hoping I'll be competitive. I'll likely post a qualifying time at some point in June.

Cheers,

Brian.

Whats the qualifying time for the club entry to TOTB?

assume a 12.5 or thereabouts, but it will be based on best 1/4 mile times so if lots of 10 second cars come out of the woodwork then the available slots drop...:)

I will try to get discounted tickets sorted out earlier this time.

TDR, early june is the cut off on this so you need to have a 1/4 mile time by then.

JB