Ten of the Best 5

Ian C

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've dropped Chris Mann a line asking if we can chop over Christian's entry to you Matt. I understand what a nightmare it must be to organise such an event so if Chris says no I won't pursue the matter. Although I have pointed out that we don't normally mess him around like this, it's just not our year :)

-Ian

Just about to put an order in for race fuel for TOTB - does anyone want any?

VP or Klotz, anything goes. Full range and price list on our site under Race Fuel. Normally delivery on fuel costs £48, but since theres a few ordering it'll just be £5 to bring it to the show.

Gaz.

Race fuel for use at TOTB?

Naughty ;)

Safety first...with the current heatwave I'd expect even BPU's to run Racefuel to stave off det. IC's are going to get heat soaked to buggery.

If it's as hot as this at the end of the month I predict a few engine going pop at TOTB....

And it's allowed by the rules so why wouldn't you? :)

And it's allowed by the rules so why wouldn't you? :)

It's a tricky one, different people read the rules in different ways.

Use of any commonly available road fuel is required at the event, there is a Shell garage within 15 minutes of the venue for Optimax. Any competitor wishing to bring fuel to site must use an approved container and leave it in the designated area for fuel storage and refills

I read that as saying you should be using pump fuel from a regular garage, others read it as saying you can use any fuel that makes a car move on the road.

Last year the wording was different:

Use of road fuels is expected and encouraged

Again it was open to abuse and as a result it got abused, in my eyes people should be using normal fuels, if their car can't run on it then it shouldn't be at TOTB. It's difficult, one of the chaps in the team I'm looking after has 500rwhp+ on race fuel but only ~400rwhp on Optimax, do I let him run anything he likes or do I keep things in the spirit of the event and say he can run race fuel because others are?

They need to be more specific on what is and isn't allowed in the same way as they are on tyres this year.

Guest Usmann A

havent read all thread. too long.

Might be interested in running but will have no timeslips.

She should be nippy tho.

is it too late?

ps, if she runs she will run race fuel, is that a prob?

havent read all thread. too long.

Might be interested in running but will have no timeslips.

She should be nippy tho.

is it too late?

ps, if she runs she will run race fuel, is that a prob?

Hi Usmann,

I don't think you can get in at this stage now...

Gaz.

Just about to put an order in for race fuel for TOTB - does anyone want any?

VP or Klotz, anything goes. Full range and price list on our site under Race Fuel. Normally delivery on fuel costs £48, but since theres a few ordering it'll just be £5 to bring it to the show.

Gaz.

I'd like some, to be on the safe side, but I can't afford £100 for 5 gallons of VP C16!

Klotz 113 or 116 will do for me but I can't seem to find the Klotz juice on your site though Gaz. How much is it?

I'm ordering it from Gaz to keep EGT's down at high boost. You telling me all those big power GTR's, Scoobies and EVO's are running on Tescos finest. Don't think so.

I'm not telling you they are, I'm just pointing out that the somewhat vague rules kind of suggest they should be.

We all know that all the faster cars will be running exotic stuff, I know one of them is planning to use meth, if it's 'commonly available' to them then they aren't breaking any rules.

I'm not telling you they are, I'm just pointing out that the somewhat vague rules kind of suggest they should be.

We all know that all the faster cars will be running exotic stuff, I know one of them is planning to use meth, if it's 'commonly available' to them then they aren't breaking any rules.

Michael I didn't mean it to sound like I was having a go. It was good at Santa Pod Jap Show to have the Pro Class and the Amatuer class. Perhaps TOTB could consider a similar Pro Race Class and a Street Class.

Anyways. Which trader wants to setup a group buy on these portable intercooler spray kits for the event :D http://www.safelincs.co.uk/section.php?xSec=31

I'd like some, to be on the safe side, but I can't afford £100 for 5 gallons of VP C16!

Klotz 113 or 116 will do for me but I can't seem to find the Klotz juice on your site though Gaz. How much is it?

Hi Jake

Good choice, Klotz is a bit cheaper than VP!

113 High Octane Racing Gasoline Ref: KL-408

59.05 + VAT, 5 US Gallon

113 Oxy (2.4% Oxygen) Racing Gasoline Ref: KL-492

73.14 + VAT

£5 delivery.

Gaz.

Matt - that clutch has been fcuked for over 12months hasn't it!!! :)

Sadly, Yes. I need a new clutch, flywheel, 4th gear syncro needs replacing, and whilst I'm at it, the selector bushes need replacing too. What with moving work premisies & home, I haven't had the money to do it all:(

The car still drives fine on a daily basis, but the clutch won't withstand drag launches.

Looking forward to this years event, shame a few have dropped out :(

plus shame the crd in demo class now, he's good for low 9's this year, maybe a sneaky 8 :)

Keiths car is looking great, was awesome to see last year.

Anyone know much about this skyline? (pic attached) its gtcultures new demo car, road legal (apparently) and has run a 7.9 quarter!!!!! if this is there i think we should all go home :run:

Pic is from japshow, it never run though, wrecked a diff on startline or something equally serious.

Admittedly, if its there, its going to be seriously impressive :)

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/7/19808273289.jpg&s=f10