Ten of the Best 5

Ian C

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nearly there - got the diff casing off the car yesterday and extracted the ghey standard open diff, ready for my nice new one :)

The rest of my parts I need are in London and should be with me in the next couple of days, so should have it back together with a few days to spare.

Guest dee_rz

i'll see all who are going this year up there :) good luck to all the guys running :cool: in the words from an adam sandler film "YOU CAN DO IT" :D see you up there, gutted i couldn't do this and wasn't quite ready, eta for me 3-4 weeks max now :) getting there :eyebrows:

Guest dee_rz

See you all there and again goodluck and kick some ass, damn i can't wait as you may have guess :D :) i'll be in a honda hybrid car :D don't laugh it does 100mpg so about 10p to do the 400 mile round trip for me :D see you there guys and gals :cool:

We are still getting the car ready! Had the crank position sensor fail on the dyno yesterday, got it back to Envy, took 5 hours to get the BL pulley off - not the nut, the pulley, in the end had to smash it off :(

Good job we have a spare waiting to go on a customer car. We should be ready before midnight though ;)

See you all tommorow (hopefully).

Gaz.

Just got back from the Workshop after spending all day on the car. The car is loaded up and ready to rumble at last.:cool:

Why is TOTB week so stressfull! I have had the AEM loosing its ignition timing, a fuel pump run at 50% off its normal capacity which caused the car to run lean as the other fuel pump was working harder and ended up pushing fuel back into the tank instead of the rail. Then yesterday my Crank positioning cog snaped so the sensor could not pick up a singnal. Then today while sortiing the Crank position sensor problem the crank pulley dampner welds itself to the car and won't come off despite the brut force of 5 mechanics! Not to mention 2 trips to Thor one of which ended up a 13 hour round trip:rolleyes: Why!!!

Please say this is the end of the bad luck and tomorrow will run smoothly, only time will tell!!

Lets hope I get some points on the board and I don't let the club down!:D

Off to bed, heres hoping for a good nights sleep!

Thanks

Kevin

Just got back from the Workshop after spending all day on the car. The car is loaded up and ready to rumble at last.:cool:

Why is TOTB week so stressfull! I have had the AEM loosing its ignition timing, a fuel pump run at 50% off its normal capacity which caused the car to run lean as the other fuel pump was working harder and ended up pushing fuel back into the tank instead of the rail. Then yesterday my Crank positioning cog snaped so the sensor could not pick up a singnal. Then today while sortiing the Crank position sensor problem the crank pulley dampner welds itself to the car and won't come off despite the brut force of 5 mechanics! Not to mention 2 trips to Thor one of which ended up a 13 hour round trip:rolleyes: Why!!!

Please say this is the end of the bad luck and tomorrow will run smoothly, only time will tell!!

Lets hope I get some points on the board and I don't let the club down!:D

Off to bed, heres hoping for a good nights sleep!

Thanks

Kevin

Jeesus what a b*stard for you guys. It'll be worth it Kev. See ya tomorrow.

went down to glews garage in goole to fill up tonight for tommorow. saw all those beatiful supras in the travel inn car park. didnt want to disturb you guys so i juat had a look. think it was jakes car parked right in the corner opposite a nice yellow one. see ya later guys good luck