The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Respray

rg500

Does anyone know anywhere in the Great Yarmouth, Norfolk area who is trustworthy to take my car for a respray without being ripped off as soon as they see a supra they think your loaded and feel they can hike the price I took it to one place in my area and straight away without looking round it £4500 +vat, there is no rust on the car no dents just tired paint, I know it is a lot of car to paint but £4500 +vat seems a bit excessive.

6 hours ago, Mike2JZ said:

Don't forget that it costs a grand and some change for new seals and trims which you might well do as most cars that need a repaint also have knackered seals. 

Very easy to spent 5K these days on paint and other shit if you want to do it properly. 

Paint guy ftw 

On 11/27/2022 at 11:17 AM, rg500 said:

Does anyone know anywhere in the Great Yarmouth, Norfolk area who is trustworthy to take my car for a respray without being ripped off as soon as they see a supra they think your loaded and feel they can hike the price I took it to one place in my area and straight away without looking round it £4500 +vat, there is no rust on the car no dents just tired paint, I know it is a lot of car to paint but £4500 +vat seems a bit excessive.

its too much for some paint

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, annaamrxx said:

its too much for some paint

It's the going rate these days unfortunately for a proper job. Sure I know a guy who's painted a mates 106 rallye before for under 1k, but he masked the rubbers, cardboard box against the wheels and sprayed it outside in the yard when it was windy and cold, you could see the rallye blue coming through the new red paint, there was flys and fluff stuck in the paint and it lost its shine after a month. You get what you pay for!

I've sprayed large sections of cars for a £100 in paint and thinners and one I did over 7 years ago still looks I'm really happy with that, good. So £1k for some flies and translucent paint is by any standard a pretty poor effort. I'd suggest its either a do it yourself with a stash of rattle cans or pay for a proper job which is going to cost. I'm kind of  in between; OK sprayer with guns, a decent high volume compressor and a large indoor area. 

I certainly agree that the labour is at a cost but if it costs £1500 for labour and the cost of a re spray is £4500 that means by my math they are charging £3000 to  £4000 for paint I don’t really want to take out a second mortgage to just get my car painted.