Jump to content
The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all!


Dan_H
 Share

Recommended Posts

So after shopping around a bit and testing a few Supras local to me, I’ve managed to pick up a factory TT6 and delighted to have driven it home today. The 17-year-old in me is very happy (apart from the rain kind of ruining the day)! 
 

Thinking about future care, are there any specialists in the Cambs, Herts, Essex or Beds areas that anyone would recommend for ongoing maintenance?

Looking forward to being part of the MKIV community! 

B51E8CBC-7646-4E98-9188-BF20BB431E9C.jpeg

205979D4-6E07-4973-8B06-1794D880DA03.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! Thanks. It’s from Harlow Jap Autos. They have a few listed on their website (including mine) although I think only one is left now. I’m sure the others will disappear off there early next week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks!
Yeah I wanted to get something that was mechanically mint and no rust, which is exactly what HJA had. The interior needs a bit of modernising as it’s starting to look it’s age a bit but that’s all secondary to me as it drives lovely. 
Just looking for a good specialist who I can work with to maintain it now. Any recommendations? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome, car looks lovely. We've had a few come through from HJA and they are always super clean nice examples so you can sleep easy knowing it will be a good one. 

The only specialists worth taking car to is SRD Tuning, Whifbitz or Magnum Performance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you don't mind mentioning how much it cost you that'd help others pitch their agreed value insurance rates as your is a real World mileage car. Real World is pretty rare in Supra land.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, SPG said:

Hi and welcome to the club, congrats. 
 

HJA seem to get some very good examples so I’m sure your car will be super nice 👍
 

Thanks! Yeah it’s super clean. The paintwork and underside are like new (somehow!). Just a few kinks to work out on the interior. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, rider said:

If you don't mind mentioning how much it cost you that'd help others pitch their agreed value insurance rates as your is a real World mileage car. Real World is pretty rare in Supra land.

Hi. It’s was £49,995. Probably a little high for what I wanted to pay, but I suppose that’s the market at the moment and the premium for buying from one of the most trusted dealers. The mechanicals are absolutely rock solid though, so I was happy to shell out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mike2JZ said:

Welcome, car looks lovely. We've had a few come through from HJA and they are always super clean nice examples so you can sleep easy knowing it will be a good one. 

The only specialists worth taking car to is SRD Tuning, Whifbitz or Magnum Performance. 

Thanks for the info. SRD and Whifbitz are absolutely miles from me, but Magnum are only about an hour away (I’m in Cambs if there’s anyone close by), so I’ve already dropped them an email. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Mike2JZ said:

You need to travel unfortunately, most garages have no idea what to do on a Supra these days. 

That’s my worry! Hopefully Magnum come back soon and I can get it down to them for a good going over and some minor bits. 

On the subject of ‘bits’…any advice on how to replace the manual gear gaiter easily? I’ve seen a few vids online but it looks a bit of a mission! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can still buy new manual surrounds that have new gear gaitors on them. That will be the easiest way to replace it. Otherwise you will need to get creative with to change your current gear gaitor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dan_H said:

Thanks for the info. SRD and Whifbitz are absolutely miles from me, but Magnum are only about an hour away (I’m in Cambs if there’s anyone close by), so I’ve already dropped them an email. 

SRD are two and a bit hours away from me. Tbh, it could be a lot worse as people travel across Europe to SRD for their expertise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2022 at 8:59 AM, Mike2JZ said:

You can still buy new manual surrounds that have new gear gaitors on them. That will be the easiest way to replace it. Otherwise you will need to get creative with to change your current gear gaitor. 

I thought that might be the case. I’ll have a shop around. Other than Whifbitz, does anyone have recommendations on where to source new parts? My wish list on their site is already building nicely 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dan_H said:

I thought that might be the case. I’ll have a shop around. Other than Whifbitz, does anyone have recommendations on where to source new parts? My wish list on their site is already building nicely 😂

Keron (Extreme Performance)

Also very good for maintenance.

 

Welcome to the club! Lovely Supra. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Welcome to the club 🙂 Stunning looking car mate.

as everyone else has said SRD, Whifbitz & Keron are the stand out places, if you wanted to check someone else out then I’ve just had mine built by a guy in Norfolk, so around hour or so from cambs I reckon. He knows his stuff and knows the engines in and out, he only dealswith Jap cars. Check him out if want to travel a bit less. J’s motorsport garage on insta & F/book.

 

also, if you didn’t mind a bit of a journey to come to a regular meet, we have a monthly meeting at bluewater on the first Friday each month, be good to get some new members involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, wattwatt said:

Welcome to the club 🙂 Stunning looking car mate.

as everyone else has said SRD, Whifbitz & Keron are the stand out places, if you wanted to check someone else out then I’ve just had mine built by a guy in Norfolk, so around hour or so from cambs I reckon. He knows his stuff and knows the engines in and out, he only dealswith Jap cars. Check him out if want to travel a bit less. J’s motorsport garage on insta & F/book.

 

also, if you didn’t mind a bit of a journey to come to a regular meet, we have a monthly meeting at bluewater on the first Friday each month, be good to get some new members involved.

Thanks for the info! I’ve been in touch with Keron a little and I’ll definitely check out J’s. Bluewater is straight down the M11/M25 for me so not a huge journey. Yeah please send me some more details. If you’re on Instagram, the car is @silversuprauk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just added on Insta mate 🙂 I’ll drop you a DM on there and sort out if you around on the 5th to have a drive down and I’ll let you know exact car park.

 

also, loading the pioneer unit you have fitted looked amazing on the dash, I’ve got the old model one and looking at yours I clearly need an upgrade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.