The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK spec auto - WHAT'S IT WORTH ?

ARPUS

NEW HOUSE FORCES SALE

I didn't think I would ever sell my Supra, but I've just bought a house which needs a lot of money spent on it, so I'm selling my car to raise the funds.

It has been a really difficult decision, but I believe the correct one.

It will be offered without the private plate and with a 1996 'N' registration number.

The plate - H15 SUP will also be for sale, via a retention certificate. Offers around £5000 please. 

The details are on SUPRA CHAT - under the heading - STEVE'S UK spec RESTORATION.

Regards,

Steve ( ARPUS )

It's so hard to judge value as the difference in quality is vast on the market. You have spent a fair deal of money on restoring this car which means it will be a solid buy compared to some of the cars I see, which don't seem to have had any kind of work done at all asking the same price. Given the fact that I assume you are time limited (??) then I would probably market it at £40k - £45k aiming to sell at the lower end of that range. 

Keep an eye on this one that is currently for sale with 29 hours left, it should hopefully give a bit more context on where the market is right now https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1995-toyota-supra-mk4-twin-turbo

19 minutes ago, Tyson said:

It's so hard to judge value as the difference in quality is vast on the market. You have spent a fair deal of money on restoring this car which means it will be a solid buy compared to some of the cars I see, which don't seem to have had any kind of work done at all asking the same price. Given the fact that I assume you are time limited (??) then I would probably market it at £40k - £45k aiming to sell at the lower end of that range. 

Keep an eye on this one that is currently for sale with 29 hours left, it should hopefully give a bit more context on where the market is right now https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1995-toyota-supra-mk4-twin-turbo

Tyson, ( Mike )

The builder I want to use is busy until March 2022, so I'm not too 'time limited' yet.

A friend of mine will help me with the FOR SALE advert, which I'll post within the next few days.

There's no way I could do this without help.

My asking price will be £45,000

The car has a Full Service History and I have a file of restoration invoices for £33,000.

Regards,

Steve ( ARPUS ) 

On 9/28/2021 at 2:24 PM, ARPUS said:

Tyson, ( Mike )

The builder I want to use is busy until March 2022, so I'm not too 'time limited' yet.

A friend of mine will help me with the FOR SALE advert, which I'll post within the next few days.

There's no way I could do this without help.

My asking price will be £45,000

The car has a Full Service History and I have a file of restoration invoices for £33,000.

Regards,

Steve ( ARPUS ) 

Sounds fair, it's not that the cars aren't worth the money but you need to find the right buyer 🙂 It's been mentioned a few times now but it's moved on from your everyday personal loan, so it's a reduced the pool of people in a position to buy.

You could sell for £45k in a week or it could take months, I think the important part to remember is there probably won't be that much interest overall but those who are interested are more likely to be genuine. There aren't that many people in the market for £45k 90's classic Japanese cars, as I mentioned earlier though, it doesn't mean they aren't worth the money.

The car above is starting to move up in price quickly now, already up to £25,250 with 4 hours to go 🙂 

100 people following it also.

On 9/28/2021 at 1:55 PM, Tyson said:

Its a shame for what it costs they didn't send the nuts, bolts etc off to be de rusted and plated on the car in 

the link 

32 minutes ago, norman1979 said:

Made 32k. Puts the market into perspective if the very best UK is 32k. 

Mileage will have played a large part in its price. Same car with half the miles would easily sell for £40k plus. But it’s a good reference point for what a car has actually sold for.

1 hour ago, blythmrk said:

I don’t think it met it’s reserve!

It didn't.  Where as the maserati sold for less. 

Well, there we have it, a good UK auto TT reached 34k in an auction.  The TT6 UK one that sold at Silverstone auctions what was it 50 or 52k?

So for me that puts a JDM tt at 25k and a jdm tt6 at 40-42k. 

Not sure where I would price a NA let alone aerotops.