The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1996 Toyota Supra 6 Speed Twin Turbo

JasonR24

Hi all,

Please see the below for sale thread. I haven’t posted much the last year or so but I have been to forum events (back when we could). The car is a long standing forum car. Being owned by Abz before me and myself who has been a member since 2012. Car is very clean and those who have seen it know that. The car has wanted for nothing in my ownership and I’ve always used the best parts. It really was a passion for me. It’s just a shame that’s gone now and I want to move onto other things which I never thought I’d say. I’m certain who we comes to see the car first will buy it, it really is that clean and has full folder of history. Also just to add this car has always been garaged and the engine and gearbox are warrantied till the end of the year.

here is my for sale ad on auto trader: 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107024557695

there is a link to a video walkaround of the car on there too,

and my car thread on the forum:

being the forum I appreciate your comments and obviously I would be open to lowering the price to a forum member. 

Price: Up for £55k

You can contact me on my mobile or message me on the forum: 07540769865

Pros:

relatively low mileage 93000km (car is still in KM)

very clean all over and underneath

mechanically nearly all new

Cons:

a couple of stone chips but very minor and I'm being picky

Bonnet is tight to click on the second latch

Full spec as follows:

1996 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo

Shell is a facelift SZR. Came from Japan with V161 gearbox

Still in KM 91000, speedo in KM too

Twin turbo VVTI engine about 20k less miles than car. Stock twin turbos.

Mahle forgedpistons and rods 0.5mm oversized

Brian Crower titanium valve retainers and springs

ARP head studs

Fully refreshed engine, all new seals etc painted crackle black.

Tomei Sump baffle

NGK cold spark plugs

Walbro 255 fuel pump

HKS intake with heat shields.

SRD Radiator

SRD intercooler

Fully rebuilt V161 gearbox with carbon race synchros

Poly Front lip

HKS stainless silent hi power exhaust with TB Dev double decat (easily switched for cat)

OZ futura wheels wheels. Fully Refurbed with Vrendestien tyres

U.K. Spec brakes all around refurbed with stainless steel pistons and pins, new discs and pads. Pads are Chris Wilson, really good pad

U.K. Spec Bonnet

U.K. spec glass headlights

Greddy boost controller

Chris wilson fuel cut

HKS speed defender

OEM Recaro seats

OEM carbon wheel

Full sound system (sub etc) and sound deadening and apple car play head unit

New Clifford alarm system

A few carbon interior parts. Interior. Under the bonnet etc.

SRD engine and bumper undertrays

3D4BD6E8-7BAA-494C-82D2-296DD7B472CA.jpeg

053F8045-69CF-48CC-A9E0-4E60FA7517B4.jpeg

9D291788-6F41-457B-961B-7E939184AC90.jpeg

D9EC9745-FAEA-4F4E-AE8B-4582EFC959B1.jpeg

BDB558FD-6B69-442F-86B1-27296FB1DE4E.jpeg

039EC7EC-8EB6-4E3C-BF58-4682125BB2D8.jpeg

77D02130-CA06-4FAF-9BB9-A959B5A0640C.jpeg

AF069E52-26A9-4E17-951B-9049C87E4F28.jpeg

1593757D-547E-4EDE-A1AE-42E157A6B589.jpeg

EFE39B1A-5930-4D17-A54A-3F44ED72490A.jpeg

EB80198B-B8AC-4389-AEE7-48DB41D6DFD0.jpeg

A809A304-E6EB-4C0A-8099-9DB0B64A4F63.jpeg

273DA650-5C37-4C8C-A5B0-F4BBF7DA935F.jpeg

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

It does seem high but I haven’t a clue what the UK market is and you obviously done your homework about how much a new import would cost these days which will always be a good ball park figure 

I really do hope you sell it as like most us of do … 

it only feels like yesterday TT6 we’re £30k

i was offered £40k few months back which I really had to think about … if yours sells.. I’m bloody glad I kept it lol

7 minutes ago, mplavery said:

It does seem high but I haven’t a clue what the UK market is and you obviously done your homework about how much a new import would cost these days which will always be a good ball park figure 

I really do hope you sell it as like most us of do … 

it only feels like yesterday TT6 we’re £30k

i was offered £40k few months back which I really had to think about … if yours sells.. I’m bloody glad I kept it lol

If you go and take a look on goo net the sales website for Japan exports then they’re all really expensive now

appreciate the comment 👍

F9D0449C-6277-4F91-B9F2-E5298034A535.png

63811400-74AD-4F9F-87F2-EA0CB48DCDAD.png

Good luck with the sale. Cars looks really nice but I think because it is a converted car that £55k is too much, in usd that will be 77k usd, landed over there 80k usd for a RHD converted car on stock twin turbos. 

I wish I am wrong though.  Engine bay photos will be good too 

10 minutes ago, MrGRT said:

Good luck with the sale. Cars looks really nice but I think because it is a converted car that £55k is too much, in usd that will be 77k usd, landed over there 80k usd for a RHD converted car on stock twin turbos. 

I wish I am wrong though.  Engine bay photos will be good too 

Only just noticed not all the photos uploaded I’ve uploaded them now.

Appreciate what you are saying about price but I don’t think there are any cheaper ones available even to import that are genuine or converted.

I think it’s fair but like I said for a forum member I’m willing to negotiate the price.

Cheers

• Like 2

I don't get why you're even gingerly trying to justify the price - high or low, does anybody's opinion really matter?

It's a fantastic example and looks to be mighty cherished. Converted or not, the overall standard of the car is stunning and it has a forged motor....in my book, that counts for a lot. Sit tight, it'll sell for near enough what you're asking for. You've pretty much said that £50k is what you'll take for it 😉 only snag will be now that these cars are beyond the realm of a simple unsecured bank loan of around £35k that most banks will lend via a simple online application, the buyer pool will be smaller in size and you/we might have to consider cash + a part ex'ed Evo with an imminent ring land failure or something. Either that or a trader bloke from Birmingham or Wycombe who will offer you "£32k cash today!" 😄

P.S. nice wheels 🙂

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Celicasaur said:

I don't get why you're even gingerly trying to justify the price - high or low, does anybody's opinion really matter?

It's a fantastic example and looks to be mighty cherished. Converted or not, the overall standard of the car is stunning and it has a forged motor....in my book, that counts for a lot. Sit tight, it'll sell for near enough what you're asking for. You've pretty much said that £50k is what you'll take for it 😉 only snag will be now that these cars are beyond the realm of a simple unsecured bank loan of around £35k that most banks will lend via a simple online application, the buyer pool will be smaller in size and you/we might have to consider cash + a part ex'ed Evo with an imminent ring land failure or something. Either that or a trader bloke from Birmingham or Wycombe who will offer you "£32k cash today!" 😄

P.S. nice wheels 🙂

Thanks for the kind words. They are much appreciated.

I think the price is reasonable but I’ve had some comments on Facebook that weren’t too respectful so thought I’d simply explain myself to the forum as I’ve not seen many TT6s for sale for a long time and most people on the forum are able to have that conversation about price and give their reasoning which is great (unlike Facebook lol)

The car really is a great example and I’m sure the first serious buyer to come see it will take it. Less of a risk than an import as it’s already here to inspect to your hearts content. I get what you’re saying about the price bracket of the cars moving into a different territory now. The higher the price, the smaller the pool of buyers.

Screw Facebook 😄 people there moan about S14's going for 10-12k, let alone a Supra for 5 times that.

You did the right thing by advertising on Autotrader. A serious buyer will find the ad and in my experience, Autotrader is where most serious buyers go to. eBay is all too easy for pot-shotters to hide behind a quick "£2k cash now" message or people to offer their cars as part ex's (usually home-based 'traders').

• Like 3

The price is the price and people can either buy at that or indeed any price or not buy.

I recon its the auctions and top end importers (who will have to back any car with consumer guarantees or a warranty) that are setting the market price and I'm not aware of any factory original TT6 jspec car that has sold at auction in the UK yet for near to a £50k hammer price; though dealers are regularly listing at that price level. Dealer backup and warranty has to be worth something on an old and very expensive car to fix.

If you want to test the market, pitch it into a classic car auction with a reserve price. You'll find out the real market price that way and avoid any tyre kickers on the way. 

Edited by rider (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Great news and thanks for letting us know with the price. Is it going abroad?

No problem at all. Hopefully that’s set the standard for Supras now which tbh was kind of already set by the parts and scarcity.

It is going to Ireland so leaving the U.K. but will be sitting along a R34 GTR which is good news 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JasonR24 said:

Car has now sold for very near asking price. Thanks all

Well done mate 🙂 It goes to show that it doesn't matter that it was originally an NA and converted and modified, it has no bearing on the price and is the same as original cars at the moment 🙂 Which is great to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burna said:

Well done mate 🙂 It goes to show that it doesn't matter that it was originally an NA and converted and modified, it has no bearing on the price and is the same as original cars at the moment 🙂 Which is great to see.

Cheers mate. I’m sad to see it go because it has a lot of great memories but it’s time to move on. 

in my opinion this is pretty evident that condition is the prime motivator as it was for me. It’s good to see supras hitting such value now as they are a great car

• Like 1

I’ve currently got a deposit down on a lotus emira and I’m really tempted to stick with it but obviously until I’ve seen it in the metal later in this month and test driven it in February I won’t know 100%. I do know for sure it’s the only car that’s appealed to me instantly for the first time in a long time!

ive got an mx5 for the time being to keep me entertained which is pretty much a track car at this point lol

46 minutes ago, JasonR24 said:

I’ve currently got a deposit down on a lotus emira and I’m really tempted to stick with it but obviously until I’ve seen it in the metal later in this month and test driven it in February I won’t know 100%. I do know for sure it’s the only car that’s appealed to me instantly for the first time in a long time!

ive got an mx5 for the time being to keep me entertained which is pretty much a track car at this point lol

Never heard of it so i just googled it and WOW that looks incredible ! 

You will probably have the face of this guy lol

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.