The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member from Hartlepool - Supra TT

ConnorWatt

Good Afternoon Guys,

Just a little post to say hello. I bought a 96 Supra Twin Turbo literally the same week that we got put into lock down, so I haven’t had much opportunity to enjoy it but now that things are starting to settle down, it’s time to get it out of the garage and spend some cash on it [GRIN][/GRIN]

I had a one previous owner UK 3000GT Twin Turbo for the last couple of years which I planned to keep as an investment, but someone made me an offer I couldn’t refuse last week and I’ve let it go!

Looking forward to putting my touch on the Supra, I bought it from a friend who has had it for the last 8 years. I’ve been pestering him for the last couple of years to buy it but he wouldn’t sell. Unfortunately (for him) he has decided on a career change and needed to free up some funds so he give me a call with a price and I snapped it up.

No doubt I will be asking plenty of the questions, so I look forward to speaking to you all. Oh, I’m from Hartlepool in the North East of England.

Here are some pics.

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

Edited by ConnorWatt (see edit history)

Welcome and its got to be as safe a buy as you can get knowing the previous owner and their ownership spanning a healthy term. A good number of these cars come with very little history so you've got a head start there.

If you are looking to spend, I'd say take your time and plan well. Some things will enhance the cars value and some will just enhance the cars personalisation which can both add and detract from the cars appeal. If you are after parts, many are now discontinued but lots are not. You can always go to breakers like Keron who is on the forum as a trader or to parts retailers like Paul at TCB Parts who will manage to get most things for you, at Supra prices but not Toyota prices which do seem to get more inflated by the day. Some good news is Toyota are starting up heritage parts for the Mk4 Supra but how far that will go is yet to be seen.

You would benefit from signing up with your £10 subscription as that allows you to do unlimited posts and to PM converse with members. There is a two decades of archive knowledge stored in threads throughout the forum that you can tap into as well as asking any specific questions you need addressed at any time. A word of advice would be don't ask anything that could be regarded as newbie stupid which can be easily avoided by research by searching on a topic that could well have been raised and resolved many times before. The crowd tends to be very helpful but sometimes critical to. All build, titillation and refurb threads do go down very well with the crowd so anything you share on that as you do things to or with your car will get you well bedded into the forum.