The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 2018 Thread

johnny g

Totally agree great race. Bit sorry for Vettel, last two races haven't favored him. Regards RB crash - 100% Maxes fault, cause from Daniels's point if he threw a dummy and Max moved right, then he fully commits to left as rules say you cannt weave. And knowing that Daniel always brakes late for overtake, there was no way he could have backed out of that one. Honestly Max is way too agressive racing team mate. That earlier tire touch was his fault as well, luckily nothing happened then. As much as I believe he is talented, he messes up being all that suborn and hot headed- really needs to grow up.

Lewis race was bit lousy as well today, but I like that he has become more patient and mature and picking fights wisely. It's better get some points than DNF like Max. Mercedes does seem to struggle with tire temperatures this year.

Overall I love this year so much more fun watching as all top 3 teams are capable of winning races.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree great race. Bit sorry for Vettel, last two races haven't favored him. Regards RB crash - 100% Maxes fault, cause from Daniels's point if he threw a dummy and Max moved right, then he fully commits to left as rules say you cannt weave. And knowing that Daniel always brakes late for overtake, there was no way he could have backed out of that one. Honestly Max is way too agressive racing team mate. That earlier tire touch was his fault as well, luckily nothing happened then. As much as I believe he is talented, he messes up being all that suborn and hot headed- really needs to grow up.

Lewis race was bit lousy as well today, but I like that he has become more patient and mature and picking fights wisely. It's better get some points than DNF like Max. Mercedes does seem to struggle with tire temperatures this year.

Overall I love this year so much more fun watching as all top 3 teams are capable of winning races.

Disagree with it being 100% Verstappens fault, Ricciardo has admitted he left it too late for the move to the left.

Although praised by Coulthard for making the overtake move,had Vettel played the waiting game he probably would have won.

• 2 weeks later...
Not exactly a thrilling race by any means.

WTF is Grosjean doing, think his days are limited

I agree, his days are numbered if his season doesn't Pick up in the next few races, if we get to mid way though the season and he's sill on no points Haas myst review his position in the team.

Brendon Hartley is also at risk IMO, which is a shame as I think he's a quality driver - its just not working for him in F1

Christian Horner is starting to irritate me slightly with his moaning about certain aspects of the sport, and more importantly his " .... Showed the true pace of the Red Bull at the end of the race..". if this is the case why not do it the whole god damn race, Red Bull clearly haven't got it all sorted yet and I find his comments to try justify themselves as a contender annoying.

Basically I feel there should be less talk and more do !

I agree, his days are numbered if his season doesn't Pick up in the next few races, if we get to mid way though the season and he's sill on no points Haas myst review his position in the team.

Brendon Hartley is also at risk IMO, which is a shame as I think he's a quality driver - its just not working for him in F1

Think he should have got more than a 3 place grid penalty and a couple of points,someone could have been badly injured with that stunt !

• 2 weeks later...
Again, Verstappen runs out of talent, failure to get to Q1 is just unforgivable. One of these weekends he is going to be standing behind Grosjean in the dole queue!

Did you see the comparison video from 2016, identical cause pretty much same crash.