The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo Auto

nicky

Yeah that budgets gonna be a stretch, my standard auto is up for £13.5, you'd be looking at probably £16k easy for a well sorted single, if not more.

At £13.5k I think yours is extremely good value too!

I'm currently parts hunting to convert my TT to single :cool:

I have PMd him as is this is the one I was referring to as sold + I've seen plenty of auto singles in my search for a 6 speed manual and I think I'm fairly priced, it's not going to change as I'm not in a rush as the GTR is now being forged etc so I will be driving that more

Please, not another one of these threads. :rolleyes:

Hunt down the bargains if you must, but please stop trying to make out that every bargain on the market is the going rate for every car, and spamming the classifieds with wanteds.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?343286-1993-Single-Turbo-Auto

Surely a bit of money and work would bring this up to scratch for something near your budget?

Also-

Please, not another one of these threads. :rolleyes:

Hunt down the bargains if you must, but please stop trying to make out that every bargain on the market is the going rate for every car, and spamming the classifieds with wanteds.

How much interest has your £23k tiptronic gotten mate? I've seen a handful come and go since you listed yours. As nice as yours is, feel free to point to £10,000 of additional value it has over this- http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?343469-2000-Toyota-Supra-VVT-i-Twin-Turbo-Tiptronic.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?342764-Renaissance-Red-Supra-Auto-Single-Turbo-1993-UK-Spec-for-sale This still hasn't sold and it's a UK. When he wanted values people were throwing around £20k, what happened to that then?

At what point do bargains become the going rate? Because the only autos I see selling are

Can't wait to tune into your next comment- "Somewhat stock TT6 with 150k and half a bodykit? I'd be looking for at least £33,000, that's just what the market demands, hold out of 6 months if it doesn't sell, then drop it to £32,000, that's how much it'd cost to import".

Nicky might make a few too many Wanted posts and I'd definitely agree he's been very picky with exactly what he wants for a limited budget, but if there's one person I've watched continue to make the most ludicrous valuations since the first day I joined these forums, it's you. My brain has actually begun to associate "holy shit, surely that's way too much" with "oh, it's probably that guy, nothing to see here".

I hate conflict and I'm certainly not as clued up on these cars as most of this community, so if anybody wants to put me right I'll eat my words and appreciate the lesson, but you're the one person I always see talking absolute shit when it comes to prices, and here you are ripping into somebody for working on a tight budget.

Wonga Spar I assume you realise j_jza80's car is a single turbo with some very select parts running a Syvecs S6+ ECU compared to that stock tiptronic TT you linked to?

E2A

Regarding Supra pricing as mentioned in another thread;

The days are gone where these cars offered massive BHP for very little financial outlay. The chavs that could afford and used to buy most of the poor examples, ran them into the ground, wrote them off or they were broken for spares. Supply started to dry up, local prices started increasing, Japan got wise and started upping their prices. The pound fell in value and importing became even more expensive.

Decent examples (I mean ones that are properly maintained with parts being replaced because of age rather than failure) are very hard to come by. These cars now command a premium and members now know that if they sell it's going to be harder to find another without spending a lot more money.

Members know if they sell it's going to be harder to find another decent example without spending a lot more money.

Most owners are now appear to be true enthusiasts or genuine collectors.

Wonga Spar I assume you realise j_jza80's car is a single turbo with some very select parts running a Syvecs S6+ ECU compared to that stock TT you linked to?

Yes mate, absolutely, had to flick through his build log before throwing this out. It's an outstanding build, don't get me wrong, but we all see cars come and go on these markets with tens of thousands poured into them, and exceptional work from the owner, rarely does it transition well when it comes to market, also I simply don't see how a single conversion and a great ECU warrants mid 20's. I still watch these markets every day, still see lovely looking cars fall short of what even I'd consider a great price, so something is definitely off.

I'd decided on this long before he listed his car. Only piping up today because he's mocking somebody over it.

This is single, UK and syvecs with a hell of a parts list. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?342764-Renaissance-Red-Supra-Auto-Single-Turbo-1993-UK-Spec-for-sale

With regards to your update, I couldn't agree more. If somebody with no budget decided to buy an auto Supra, I'd be the first to point them towards J_J's, but trying to convince every other member their car is worth 30% more than what it inevitably sells with is what I take issue with. That and the mocking those looking for 'bargains', it's funny though, I've seen 10x as many 'bargains' come and go as I have 23k autos. It's almost as if 'bargain' is actually just what people are willing to pay.

Yes mate, absolutely, had to flick through his build log before throwing this out. It's an outstanding build, don't get me wrong, but we all see cars come and go on these markets with tens of thousands poured into them, and exceptional work from the owner, rarely does it transition well when it comes to market, also I simply don't see how a single conversion and a great ECU warrants mid 20's. I still watch these markets every day, still see lovely looking cars fall short of what even I'd consider a great price, so something is definitely off.

I'd decided on this long before he listed his car. Only piping up today because he's mocking somebody over it.

Do you even know what it costs to build a decent reliable single turbo supra? Parts aside look at labour costs and then look at mapping. This is why most get broken for parts. Owners don't want to sit around waiting for that inevitable sale or have to put up with all the tyre kicking dreamers. They want to release cash quickly and parting out a car is the best way to do it with a lot less hassle.

The problem is that the OP is being unrealistic in my opinion, the days of cheap Supras are gone and the more he dig his heals in about this the worse it will get. Old school Jap motors are all increasing in popularity and in price with decent examples becoming difficult to find. Try to buy a decent R34 GTR for under 50K now, you will be hard pressed to find one.

Why shouldn't this trend translate to the Supra? It's been far too cheap for far too long, owners used to talk the prices down because there was a glut of them but as I said above those days are gone.

If the OP can't budge on price he needs to go back a re-evaluate what is important to him. How can he expect to insure, maintain and pay for the running costs of a single TT6 (now single auto) if he can't afford the market value?

Champagne tastes on a beer budget.

Do you even know what it costs to build a decent reliable single turbo supra? Parts aside look at labour costs and then look at mapping. This is why most get broken for parts. Owners don't want to sit around waiting for that inevitable sale or have to put up with all the tyre kicking dreamers. They want to release cash quickly and parting out a car is the best way to do it with a lot less hassle.

The problem is that the OP is being unrealistic in my opinion, the days of cheap Supras are gone and the more he dig his heals in about this the worse it will get. Old school Jap motors are all increasing in popularity and in price with decent examples becoming difficult to find. Try to buy a decent R34 GTR for under 50K now, you will be hard pressed to find one.

Why shouldn't this trend translate to the Supra? It's been far too cheap for far too long, owners used to talk the prices down because there was a glut of them but as I said above those days are gone.

If the OP can't budge on price he needs to go back a re-evaluate what is important to him. How can he expect to insure, maintain and pay for the running costs of a single TT6 (now single auto) if he can't afford the market value?

Can't argue with that :thumbs:

I've always thought I've been pretty fair and rational when it comes to values, and I factor in many aspects including values in other markets and their bearing on potential future increases / decreases.

Don't just take it from me, I've helped many club members value and make adverts for their cars over the years, and had nothing but appreciation gor doing so. I've even advised certain club traders on certain Japanese cars in the past.

I also consult on cars as investments on a regular basis, and am currently brokering a deal to bring a very nice limited edition R34 GTR to the uk as a long term investment.

I assume you have similar credentials? ;)

I've not even put my car up for sale, merely an 'interest' thread with a starting price. I've built a very high spec, high quality car, and my pricing strategy reflects that, and the fact it deserves a decent return.

I'm tired and I've kicked the hornets nest here. In short, I agree it should translate to the Supra, but for XYZ reason it just isn't (or at least it doesn't appear to be). I can point to 10 reasons why I believe this may be the case but now isn't the time, arguing over it seems daft.

I maintain that we see a lot of single autos in Nicky's price range, we already know some excellent examples are in his budget, time will tell how far his 'champagne tastes' can stretch.

To J_J who's since replied, I don't question for a second the value of your input on this community by and large, but if your investing/valuation credentials carried the weight you're implying they do, you'd be able to point me right. I don't feel pointed right. I can still highlight 20+ posts you've made with valuations I've found ridiculous and find you equally as many "Sold" threads reinforcing my position (but I guess they're all just 'bargains'). With regards to your snarky comment, 80% of my career is staring at markets/accounts for months at a time and establishing/implementing a successful sales strategy....

Oh and "consultancy" comes at a price, I'm not sure forum posts and a chinwag with Torque counts. Credit to you though, "Brokering a deal on a very nice limited edition GTR for a long term investment" might well be the most impressive way you could have possibly said "I chose my mate's car so I know what I'm talking about".

I'll continue to respect you for your knowledge and contributions on these forums, and continue to furrow my brow when I see you spurting 30% above what the poor bugger ends up getting.

Sorry for butchering your thread, Nicky, please don't make another one- I swear half this community has their eyes peeled for you already!