The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Barn wreck - UK TT Auto

rider

I cant for one minute get excited about that advert, If I had a UK Spec Supra in the garage for 7 years and wanted to sell it I would have pushed it outside in the sunshine, polished it up in and out, cleaned the engine bay and took LOTS of pictures

Money pit springs to mind, brave to take that on for restoration, parts maybe if you can get it running well

It does make you wonder doesn't it, the owner knows its a rare car yet makes very little effort in selling it

If its all original done 140k and not moved for 7 years it'll need a lot of tlc and parts just to get it running and driving

I'd guess for starters the SMIC, Diff cooler, Water rad, Calipers, Valve stem seals, brake lines, fuel lines will all need a close

look at

I'd hazard a guess the current keeper has spotted the current rise in values (even rolling shells are being advertised for good money!), and decided to test the water.

Sad to see a UK model looking like this. Hopefully someone saves it, but I fear it's probably going to end up being a parts car. :(

Yet its already gone up to £4,600, some brave people out there

Very brave!

I asked for more info and he replied with a video of the sill attached are some screen shots to give you a idea of the condition:blink:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]219786[/ATTACH]

I have seen better:yes:

Reg. number L976 RVX not motd since 2009

Ewww... I dont understand why people are that fond of UK spec cars when they look like that. I'd rather have a non rust JDM car than an UK car that has lived all it's live in the UK roads and salt.

I have 2 uk cars and neither are anything like that:d

It must have been sat in a field for 7 years then in a garage for a month!

That's what makes a good UK car worth having:d

Ewww... I dont understand why people are that fond of UK spec cars when they look like that. I'd rather have a non rust JDM car than an UK car that has lived all it's live in the UK roads and salt.

Neither of my UK cars looked like that either :)

Very brave!

I asked for more info and he replied with a video of the sill attached are some screen shots to give you a idea of the condition:blink:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]219786[/ATTACH]

I have seen better:yes:

Reg. number L976 RVX not motd since 2009

Jesus, both the single turbo cars I looked at were like that underneath though

Right that's it I'm going to jack mine up and have a real good clean and assess, I'm sure they are clean underneath but this is making me all paranoid!! :D

Hate to worry you more, but it's mainly what you can't see, it's not until you start taking things off, or checking the rears of brake line for example, that you find things are badly corroded and need replacing.

Brake lines are fine on both, had that little plastic thing off to check, but won't hurt to have a clean up and catch anything early. I Know my front cross member is good too but there is always leaves etc at the bottom of the rad aircon rad area. Will have a good clean up in general, a couple of small semi folded sills sections is all I "think" I will find that is of concern, but who knows without a good poke around.

It's sold for £6766!

That is strong money or does being a write off not mean anything anymore?

The engine will probably grab 4-5k? then the rest of the bits...uk bonnet, bumper, bootlid, doors, cream interior...i hope keron gets it he hasnt had a uk for a while

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.