The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rolled Arches

TomWeight

Sorry I mean flared out. Just thinking of arch mods in general really.

Only running 265s on the rear and will eventually look to get a more aggresive set up on the wheels but I don't want to mess about with the body too much because I like the car as stock as possible.

Rolling is OK, slight risk of damaging the paint although i've had 2 cars rolled and only 1 arch had a slight crack.

Flaring is much more risky, more chance of cracking/flaking paint and you can't get that much out of the supra arches regarding flaring.

I used archenemy all the times ive had work done.

Another option that hasn't been mentioned is cutting the arch lip out. I didn't want to flare mine and a roll would have been very tight with my wheel/tyre setup so SRD cut the lip off the arch. It then needed grinding, sealing and treating for rust protection but solved my problem perfectly. Be careful though as they are doubled skinned iirc, so there might even be a small amount of tacking needed with a welder.

There's a few threads on here with before and after pics of arches I've rolled.

It's fairly straight forward.

With a roll you sometimes get a slight flare, very slight.

But with a proper flare, it will most likely damage the paint as you are pulling out the metal and the paint can't stretch that far.