The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock supra's how many are left??

raddys

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had my car a long time and when they were pretty much throw away cheap 8 to 10 years ago I thought long about updating it with £10k of mods that would have included visual and engine changes, to make it more current. I went as far as getting outline quotes. With the benefit of hindsight, I'm relieved I didn't do the mods as I'd now be facing having to spend another £10k to get my old spool in a thousand years turbo and wrong profile cams and old brakes replaced with something a bit more current. That's one massive benefit in the cost of ownership of a stock car, there isn't any requirement to try and keep it current and the car is always there to provide someone, one day, with their own blank canvas to work and weave their own personal style of magic. Ensuring those that remain stock will indeed become fewer and farther between.

Is your car the White one in your garage with the Aftermarket wheels, BOV, Stereo, retrimmed seats, BPU, strut brace, big exhaust etc

Is your car the White one in your garage with the Aftermarket wheels, BOV, Stereo, retrimmed seats, BPU, strut brace, big exhaust etc

It is, as I bought it 18 years ago apart from white side repeaters. I've got a large shelf of parts sitting in the garage from the car that the first UK owner passed on so it'd be no major task to return it to a matching numbers stock Supra (including with its Japanese limited band radio) were anyone wishing to do so. I don't feel the need to do that myself but someone may do, in the future and having the parts to hand will make a big difference there. I've even been buying other parts, like Toyota wheels last year. Not to be fitted but they can accompany the car wherever it goes. It gives any future owner every available option to take the car wherever they wish to take it as is every owners prerogative.

Keeping the stock wheels shows a commitment to stock beyond my own!!! Oh, and I actually prefer the look of the oem side skirts and spats even if they are a pain with speed ramps and wheels changes ..... oh dear, I'm starting to contradict my self :search:

Oh believe me i know the feeling, a few months ago i spent a pretty penny on BBS lm's and new yokohama's all round.. i put them on the car and after 2 hours decided i preferred the stock look.. now just have 2k's worth of wheels and tyres sitting there gathering dust

After reading brassbones post i just wanted to see how many of you on here still have stock supra's. i rarely ever see a stock supra.. il start :)

- - - Updated - - -

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/G1991W/Mobile%20Uploads/20160810_105440.jpg

That's beautiful.

Mine is not stock due to having aftermarket wheels and exhaust BUT i have the original exhaust. I just need original wheels too.

Does after market audio count? :p

i like your car alot, little minter :)

Cheers bud, yours is a lovely example too!

Im actually trying out an RPS Clutch and Flywheel atm but I dont really like it because of the noise.. so I'll probably put my stock one back in at some point... just gotta wait for some nice spring weather. I'll give it a month or so of driving before I make up my mind for sure.

Oh believe me i know the feeling, a few months ago i spent a pretty penny on BBS lm's and new yokohama's all round.. i put them on the car and after 2 hours decided i preferred the stock look.. now just have 2k's worth of wheels and tyres sitting there gathering dust

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/G1991W/Screenshot_20170112-170832.png

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/G1991W/Screenshot_20170112-170755.png

You were going to let me know when you'd fitted them! They look awesome on your car :cool:

You were going to let me know when you'd fitted them! They look awesome on your car :cool:

Yer i fitted them and took them off the next day, they are lovely wheels but i think it didnt go with the stock body, if i had oem skirts and spats i think it would look awesome but i dont want to start modding it so probs going to stick them back up for sale soon

Cheers bud, yours is a lovely example too!

Im actually trying out an RPS Clutch and Flywheel atm but I dont really like it because of the noise.. so I'll probably put my stock one back in at some point... just gotta wait for some nice spring weather. I'll give it a month or so of driving before I make up my mind for sure.

Yep ive stuck mine away for the winter, chop chop summer, im bored of the daily now lol

I have owned 1994 JDM RZ 6 speed since 2007. The auction grade was 4.5B, probably higher than today standard.

It is purely stock with 17" wheel and large brake option from Japan already. 40100 km on clock. Rarely drive it, sit in garage n SORN most of time.

Because the condition is too good, i have not installed any aftermarket parts, even if i have bought hks bov, hks sld, greddy booster controller and others. Only modifed the battery tray with optima battery.

Because i cannot afford ruining the classic car, in the end, i bought another honda dc5 for track, n keep this Supra until the day i dont want it.

I love my Supra more than many other cars.

I am in the process of replacing n maintaining all old parts by oem parts in the rest of my life as hobby, if i am capable because i am not good at mechanic.

Edited by hkchan (see edit history)