The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Grand Tour!

ashloys

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Not saying it was bad at all (it is Top Gear) but I found it 15 minutes too long.

This.

TBH, I thought it was very nicely shot - some great images in there and some decent humour, but not a lot of substance. I have to admit I chuckled at the first 'celebrity' hitting the ground, but after that, they told the same joke twice more by 'kiling' another couple of celebs.

The 'track' they put the BMW M2 on apparently consisted of trying to annoy an old lady and getting the back end out on a tight corner. Fascinating.

And I still don't know anything more about the 3 'Trinity' cars than I did at the start.

And why bother going to another country if you aren't going to explore motoring culture in any way whatsoever? I think they really missed a trick there. It would have been good to know what the Americans attitude is to other country's manufacturers, motorsports etc, in the same way that I'd be interested next week to know what motoring is all about in South Africa.

Yes it was reasonably entertaining, but I also think it was about 15 mins too long and basically more ego tripping for the presenters. As for being a pilot, they've had how many months to put this together? It really should be up to standard from episode one.

I'll likely still watch all 12 episodes though.

I agree with you, Mr Dogg.

It was superbly set, and very funny in parts, but I thought that something was missing.

Surely they could use a local track in each country to test their best cars out, or have native celebrities to race each other, or something.

It's still great to watch though. :)

I didnt enjoy it lol

The Mad Max type of intro was good and then the track action with the Porsche etc was good, but the rest was just the same old stale format that Top Gear was suffering from. Flogged to death...

I would enjoy watching the Vietnam or Botswana special again, more than i did with this,

But, no doubt i will still watch the others in hopes of it picking up...

Guest betogibau

Wasn't keen on watching but heard it was filmed at a Portimão racing track and that's 20mins drive from my house back home so gotta watch it now. [emoji28]

Episode 2. What happened? Why drag out the dead celebrity idea? The Special Forces bit was drawn out and just awful in the end. Looks like all the cash and good ideas went into episode 1 - come on guys, this was as bad as the worst day of old Top Gear. 5/10 - could do better.

- - - Updated - - -

Episode 2. What happened? Why drag out the dead celebrity idea? The Special Forces bit was drawn out and just awful in the end. Looks like all the cash and good ideas went into episode 1 - come on guys, this was as bad as the worst day of old Top Gear. 5/10 - could do better.