The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT6 Supra wanted

nicky

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/toyota-supra-turbo-manual/6463166

/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about that one. Bodykit is marmite and turbo system is a bit of an unknown - what management is it running i wonder... It isn't making a great deal of HP. With it being a late spec manual it'd be worth more if it had the standard twins on it and no bodykit :)

It's I think a link ecu? I met the guy when I bought a cat from him (cat was in mint condition), he showed me the car (underground parking) and chatted about his Glanza turbo and how he'd got the Supra from SVA imports. It was very clean, he started it while I was there and it idled nicely but he said it always takes two starts to idle, first start it starts fine but immediately dies, second time always starts and is fine, and it did exactly that. I agree re the power but perhaps he was just being honest, the guy hated people over estimating bhp claims, he was fine with me but ex army and some sort of debt collector as a job so could come across in various ways i'd imagine depending on the target audience!!

I agree for me a standard twins version is as attractive but the price would be the same, and this defo runs ok, he's put the decent rubber on it and obviously used it in anger and it's still fine, a good useable car you could do worse but not exceptional value for money (but nothing is to me these days!!)

There's a really good TT6 in Ripped Fears car possibly for sale if you contact him!

He is considering a near £30k offer made at the NEC Classic Car show yesterday so way beyond the £18k the OP is budgeted to. For anyone thinking of selling their cars I'd recommend taking theirs to the show as there are lots of people looking to buy and making offers. Had three people asking to buy my car and lots others asking if it was for sale. Also had the Toyota GB guys all over it because my one was the closest to stock.

He is considering a near £30k offer made at the NEC Classic Car show yesterday so way beyond the £18k the OP is budgeted to. For anyone thinking of selling their cars I'd recommend taking theirs to the show as there are lots of people looking to buy and making offers. Had three people asking to buy my car and lots others asking if it was for sale. Also had the Toyota GB guys all over it because my one was the closest to stock.

Anyone wanting to sell their car WILL NOT be invited on the stand end of ....

Cheers

-Ian-

Chill guys at the end of the day we all get our heads occasionally turned and people attending with cars or to look at them are all potential buyers and sellers. It's always going to be a show case for exceptional cars of any marque and so offers will be made regardless of intentions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215780[/ATTACH]

Really...

Clearly missing my point entirely, again. Just because I used a picture from the show doesn't mean I had any intention to sell at the show!

Anyway, on topic there are some good eggs out there still.

Heheh, that show adds another 10k of value dont you know ;)

If only. I think it is the show pictures that add the value, with the as featured. There could be a moratorium placed on selling a vehicle with show pictures supporting a sale as that infers some kind of club association. I was surprised to see a guy advertising his 280 Capri on eBay during the NEC show with stand pictures and a come along to the stand to view write up. So, there is no doubt people can and do use shows to shop front their cars and deals can be struck rules or no rules.

Its just as well as a owner of mine for 18 years going on soon to 19 years that thought to sell never crossed my mind, at all and its unlikely it ever will. All offers received, being lots, were politely and firmly refused with a firm not for sale. But the OP could attend any car show as a way of finding out what the marketplace has to offer with a good cross section of owners and cars, from totally honest and stock to completely modified with bolt on anything you could think of and some may then, or very soon after, become available to buy.

Like nicky I'm on the look out for a new Supra. I have negotiated on a stock jspec TT6 with low miles (km's actually) and its offered at a reasonable price. It's not in the colour I wanted so I low balled and had a nibble suggesting a improved offer would secure. If the OP would consider a jspec TT6 he can PM me and I'll send him over the details as it looks a good car from a reputable source. Just not UK original. Only PMs from the OP please as they are considering and may yet come back and accept my low ball offer!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.