The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT6 Supra wanted

nicky

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might help if you outline, in a new thread, specifically what you are looking for. My more specific ad has had replies and raised one very interesting prospect. Other than that, keep plugging away at the classifieds, TT6's are being freshly listed but they are tending towards the bolt on plastic, bucket seats and harness, roll cage kind at the moment which may or may not be your thing.

It's funny cause you're screaming for a supra but not willing to travel for one. This really annoyed me when i was selling the GTR recently (and just annoys me in general tbh), people won't travel anymore and expect a car to appear at their doorstep! I have travelled up and down the country getting cars for years, it's all part of the fun of getting a new car and enjoying it on the way home..

Just my 1p worth, but if you want a supra that bad then you WILL have to travel for one, good luck though by all means :thumbs:

It's funny cause you're screaming for a supra but not willing to travel for one. This really annoyed me when i was selling the GTR recently (and just annoys me in general tbh), people won't travel anymore and expect a car to appear at their doorstep! I have travelled up and down the country getting cars for years, it's all part of the fun of getting a new car and enjoying it on the way home..

Just my 1p worth, but if you want a supra that bad then you WILL have to travel for one, good luck though by all means :thumbs:

Ditto absolutely although i travelled the length and breadth of the UK years ago (when all we had was the Auto trader on a Thursday) looking for a mint mkiii Supra then to buy my ideal car 5 mins from home! Although my recently purchased Mkiv UK 6spd was a 600 mile round trip so I think distance should not be an issue. That's my opinion anyway. Good look as they do not hang around for long when they pop up!

Spot on.

Ok let me rephrase what i said, i'm not willing to travel 8 hours for THAT car, small spec list on the single turbo, bad EMS (In my opinion) Rusty underneath (must expect from scotland, also a reason i wouldn't travel 8 hours for it) and needs money spent on it.

Ok let me rephrase what i said, i'm not willing to travel 8 hours for THAT car, small spec list on the single turbo, bad EMS (In my opinion) Rusty underneath (must expect from scotland, also a reason i wouldn't travel 8 hours for it) and needs money spent on it.

Why is rust a "must expect in Scotland"?

Why is rust a "must expect in Scotland"?

I lived once upon a time in Central Scotland and my first car had disintegrated almost entirely by 4 years old. it was a Hillman though, out of the lets rust today more than we did manage yesterday Linwood plant. I weighed in at a heavy 9 stone back then and the drivers seat fell through the floor on one corner. Made for interesting braking on a dipping seat. Lights were held in with filler, even had the adjuster screws tapped into filler. The rear overhangs, more fibreglass and mesh than anything else. Never seen a car melt away quite like that. Its a salty place.

You never seen game of thrones? London or that far south is kings landing in westeros, Scotland is north of the wall, full of wildlings [emoji12]

Must be gritters out all year round up there lol.

Does that meant that the houses of parliament are due to go up in a massive green ball of flames soon? :D

I lived once upon a time in Central Scotland and my first car had disintegrated almost entirely by 4 years old. it was a Hillman though, out of the lets rust today more than we did manage yesterday Linwood plant. I weighed in at a heavy 9 stone back then and the drivers seat fell through the floor on one corner. Made for interesting braking on a dipping seat. Lights were held in with filler, even had the adjuster screws tapped into filler. The rear overhangs, more fibreglass and mesh than anything else. Never seen a car melt away quite like that. Its a salty place.

Yes, we see salty roads for maybe 2 months of the year but most Supras up here don't see the roads during those months really. I used mine occasionally for 2 winters and that's all it's seen. Not much rust on it at all. It's just seized solid from being 20 years old is all :D Which is why it's getting fully refreshed in the coming months. I doubt Westy's black Supra even knows what water is unless its coming from a hose!

All I'm saying is don't be quick to dismiss the Supra's we have north of the border. There's some crackers up here that you could miss out on if you're not interested in travelling :)

Excuse me nicky but theres no rust at all on the car its solid underneath, it was all surface rust on the subframes which is now spotless and undersealed, it doesn't need much money spent on it apart from a little dent on the wing, plus id rather travel for a 6 speed single that im getting for 17k than wait ages and spend over 20k just because its closer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.