The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ABS sensors still available?

Crouch

I don't know. I can only find a single part number for a rear hub running from 1993 to 2002 for Jap Spec with ABS. You would think there would be a variance in the part number of the hub if this was the case?

You would indeed, fitment should be OK then. The front ABS sensors were both available via Rock Auto last time I checked if you are looking to fill the set.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the confusion is solely the fact that the pre facelift part numbers have been superseded and no one can give a definitive answer as to if the UK, pre facelift and facelift ABS sensors are all the same.

I don't think that an unreasonable concern given the cost of the parts.

Fair enough. For reference my car is a pre face-lift and it wasn't an issue. From memory they were 100-150 each. Personally I don't mind if they facelift UK etc. They work and are oem so good quality. That's good enough for me

Ok I test fitted my pre-facelift and facelift rear abs sensors in my rear hubs off my 96 rsp face lift shell, they both fitted well but the facelift sensors were a more snug fit but really nothing in it (probably 0.02mm! difference!) the only difference in the sensors I can see is on the facelift sensor the pick up is a round point but on the pre-facelift sensors the pick up is two lines like an equals symbol. I am pretty sure the drive shaft abs rings are the same on pre & facelift cars so the sensors should work on either!

Fair enough. For reference my car is a pre face-lift and it wasn't an issue. From memory they were 100-150 each. Personally I don't mind if they facelift UK etc. They work and are oem so good quality. That's good enough for me

/QUOTE]

Seen an advert in the classifieds on here not long ago wanting £400 for a second hand pair.... makes 100-150 each for new ones seem good lol