The mkiv Supra Owners Club

High spec supra breaking / 6 speed / single turbo / syvecs etc / greddy

pay too play

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on, summary of this is you phoned, it wasn't sold ie no one had actually stumped up funds at that point but he'd had loads of interest. So is the right thing to do sell it to you because you can collect that night? Or offer it to the first enquirer? Then second etc? Rock and a hard place for the seller, a real predicament as he said! What would you say to someone posting up here saying 'Matt said I was the first inline for the diff but sold it to someone else before I could transfer funds' would you reply yeah sorry about that but money talks etc? I'd personally feel more sorry for them than you, I don't blame you for trying to get ahead of the queue for it sometimes a seller would prefer a hassle free quick pickup, at the end of the day it's the sellers choice.

I offered the money and was then told after a very long wait he had someone else after me but they were buying more parts and would only buy them if they could have the diff. So was sidelined for someone else.

I would not have posted but read other people also stating a similar story.

I also asked for other items to no avail.

Hi Guys, just got back from Matts place. Real top bloke, we spent most the day stripping the parts that I had purchased.

He even stayed late to help me load up the bits, and couldn't be more helpful.

With acess to most of the shell it's in good nick, and seems fairly straight and sold.

This maybe helpful if some is considering buying it, real shame that it is being broken.

Thanks for sticking around Matt and hope I didn't get you into too much bother with Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.the misses for finishing late !

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Today, 01:08 #84

I'm a newbie

Club Member

Jan 2012

England - Greater London

Hi Guys, just got back from Matts place. Real top bloke, we spent most the day stripping the parts that I had purchased.

He even stayed late to help me load up the bits, and couldn't be more helpful.

With acess to most of the shell it's in good nick, and seems fairly straight and sold.

This maybe helpful if some is considering buying it, real shame that it is being broken.

Thanks for sticking around Matt and hope I didn't get you into too much bother with the misses for finishing late !

hi

thanks for the positive comments much appreciated , and met some top guys on this forum :) hope you didnt get back too late mate lol (ps still in the dog house lol )

sorry some people are unhappy that they havent had the parts off me but i have had so much intrest ive had too sell for the best offer and if people are buying a job lot im sorry but i will be selling the parts too them :(

Just to warn people there is a dispute about the seller now.

Yes the dispute is with me.

I am sure the seller made an honest mistake, but he has refused to help resolve the problem and has taken to ignoring me.

Maybe he will reply to the dispute thread if he sees this. I hope we get it sorted.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?337362-Item-not-as-described-dispute-with-pay-too-play&p=4176017#post4176017

Yes the dispute is with me.

I am sure the seller made an honest mistake, but he has refused to help resolve the problem and has taken to ignoring me.

Maybe he will reply to the dispute thread if he sees this. I hope we get it sorted.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?337362-Item-not-as-described-dispute-with-pay-too-play&p=4176017#post4176017

/QUOTE]

Seems he's happy to carry on selling parts with everyone else instead of resolve an issue.

Also a shame how club members are happy to ignore a dispute to try grab a part.

Funny how I've heard from several people about the attitude of the seller and changing prices in PM's or selling to others.

I'm starting to feel this club is going downhill with club spirit.

Whats the point in a dispute section if sellers can continue to sell?

Imo if a dispute is opened then seller should not allowed to sell until its at least resolved

Plus most people are left hanging for weeks/months before any mods step in anyway

Seems he's happy to carry on selling parts with everyone else instead of resolve an issue.

Also a shame how club members are happy to ignore a dispute to try grab a part.

Funny how I've heard from several people about the attitude of the seller and changing prices in PM's or selling to others.

I'm starting to feel this club is going downhill with club spirit.

I agree. But to be fair this is karma in a way. The same guy that got this kit wasted my time about buying mine then wanted 2k worth of ecu and injectors included in the price (which I had already knocked down). He got this turbo kit for a cheap price so just move on from it. Some people are never happy and want everything for nothing.

I agree. But to be fair this is karma in a way. The same guy that got this kit wasted my time about buying mine then wanted 2k worth of ecu and injectors included in the price (which I had already knocked down). He got this turbo kit for a cheap price so just move on from it. Some people are never happy and want everything for nothing.

That is not the conversation we had at all Parry_10, I asked you a few questions about your kit and asked for an engine bay pic. I then thought about it and told you it was not for me and wished you GLWS, so as to not waste your time at all.

That was a completely irrelevant and unnecessary comment to this.

Karma??? Seriously??? :rolleyes:

Al Massey and Berg I got a very quick response from Tyson yesterday which lead me to put the dispute thread up. I hope pay to play comes back to me with something soon as it is a pretty obvious case of miss selling (on purpose or not), and these parts were not cheap as I am sure you can imagine. Thanks for the support though.

That is not the conversation we had at all Parry_10, I asked you a few questions about your kit and asked for an engine bay pic. I then thought about it and told you it was not for me and wished you GLWS, so as to not waste your time at all.

That was a completely irrelevant and unnecessary comment to this.

Karma??? Seriously??? :rolleyes:

Al Massey and Berg I got a very quick response from Tyson yesterday which lead me to put the dispute thread up. I hope pay to play comes back to me with something soon as it is a pretty obvious case of miss selling (on purpose or not), and these parts were not cheap as I am sure you can imagine. Thanks for the support though.

I have the messages but if you say so :)

with regards too this dispute i will be calling the member this afternoon too come too some sort of agreement , i dont believe in spreading this all over the forum as it never gets resolved like that people will step in and make unnecessary comments :(

what i will say on the matter is this , i was sold the car with a whifbitz kit fitted i never fitted it myself and too the best of my knowledge this was correct , the manifold is perfectly useable and has done its job for last 2 years at 720bhp ish !! due too having no receipt for the kit i priced it very very reasonably and sold it for £1500 !!!!

its the buyers responsability too check the kit before leaving the premises , the guy was under no pressure too buy it and was welcome too check over it as he wished !

thats all i will be saying on the matter , no other comments will be acknowledged , the genuine peeps that know me on the forum know im a good guy and will back me up :)

thanks for the support parry_10 :) and too all the pms ive had on the matter :)

With regards to the dispute, we have a dispute section, where disputes are carried out and sanctioned by the mods.

This is how the forum works and is run that way for the members.

I don't know the ins and outs of the dispute and it's not my place to start discussing it, hence why it's in the dispute section and the mods deal with it with the parties involved.

Regardless of how good a member is or not, that's how it's done.

And it's the sellers responsibility also when selling parts.

Jesus Christ £1500. It's a 6266 gen 2 that's £1500 alone. This guy is taking the absolute piss asking for more money off. When he tried to blag that motec ecu and injectors off me he said as then he could go single for 4K! What a joke haha. My advice to you Matt is give him his £1500 back take the kit back and sell it for what it's worth. Then to this guy don't even think about doing a single conversion when you are trying to budget 4K for the whole thing and trying to get everything for nothing. This isn't oxfam pal.

Jesus Christ £1500. It's a 6266 gen 2 that's £1500 alone. This guy is taking the absolute piss asking for more money off. When he tried to blag that motec ecu and injectors off me he said as then he could go single for 4K! What a joke haha. My advice to you Matt is give him his £1500 back take the kit back and sell it for what it's worth. Then to this guy don't even think about doing a single conversion when you are trying to budget 4K for the whole thing and trying to get everything for nothing. This isn't oxfam pal.

Fix your attitude

Regardless of the cost of the kit, if the advertised kit is not the same as what was sold then there should be a dispute discussion between buyer and seller. That's all that needs to be said.

I haven't asked the seller for any money off. My only issue is I was told I was buying something which I didn't get.

My budgets are nothing to do with you, neither are they accurate. When I messaged you a while ago I had done no research, just was interested in your advert. You helped with my decision on how I would be doing the conversion and decided your kit was not for me due to a few reasons. One of which was the tone of your responses to me.

Please do not get involved in this anymore. It's none of your business, as I did not do the deal with you.

Matt I look forward to hearing from you and I'm sure we can sort this out. Again I'm sure it was an honest mistake and I am happy with all parts of the kit that are as you described. Unfortunately a big part of it isn't what you told me and that is the only issue I have. Anyone else would be the same.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.