The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally she has arrived!

Tariqd

You must have got a good price doing it all yourself, good little project. Lots to crack on with, meguiars headlight refurb will sort your lights out nicely.

Yeah definitely saved a tonne of money. The guys at TorqueGT didn't even want to know when I approached them haha but oh well.

When I use Meguiars headlight restoration kit I assume I will have to take apart the headlight and clean the inside of the lens right? I spotted a headlight refurb thread which I will follow

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like a coilover dampning adjustment key. Should fit into the top of the coilover. Right for harder and left for softer usually

/QUOTE]

Wow I didn't even know there was such a thing to be honest. I will need that as the car is very stiff at the moment, though the coilovers are probably gone anyway

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?332597-Getrag-6-speed-(160)-struggling-to-put-in-reverse!&highlight=reverse+hard

Some info here on reverse gear, I suspect you have the minor shifter/bush wear rather than gearbox itself issues....

I will order a set of gear bushes from whifbitz and get the garage to sort it for me when it goes in for an MOT. I'm praying this will fix it.

Also when I put it into first the car jerks ever so slightly forward. Does this mean the clutch is slipping? I think it has a stage clutch I can't actually tell lol

What brand is the radiator please? I do suspension (springs and dampers) that can be tailored to suit your needs by the way.

This is the radiator, it says Racing Radiator- be improved by SARD.

I will try adjusting the coils and see what garage say and I will for sure hit you up if they are to go. D

Thanks Chris

This is the radiator, it says Racing Radiator- be improved by SARD.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160605/6a6021f7d79b67d873f476e11ca5e37d.jpg

I will try adjusting the coils and see what garage say and I will for sure hit you up if they are to go. D

Thanks Chris

Thanks for the link, but it doesn't seem to open for me.

scrub that, working now! Looks a nice rad!

Let me know by phone or e-mail if you need suspension parts, "hitting me up" is just too much to contemplate.... ;)

I have a rear wiper arm here, that has been resprayed in satin black, so the condition is perfect.

I also have a 2.5" exhaust system (cat back) that's single exit and stainless steel.

Yours for gratis if you want to collect, although I'm down near Southend

These are j-specs brakes 2 pistons front and 1 rear.

In your place I would change directly the tires, they must be old/hard by seeing the craks on the first pics !

The same for the brakes, they seem not being used a lot in the last months, new pads and rectifying the discs wouldn't be too much, that's what I had done if I were you :)

I have a rear wiper arm here, that has been resprayed in satin black, so the condition is perfect.

I also have a 2.5" exhaust system (cat back) that's single exit and stainless steel.

Yours for gratis if you want to collect, although I'm down near Southend

/QUOTE]

It could well be worth the trip if you still have them during summer. Planning on taking a trip to the beach anyway[emoji14]

These are j-specs brakes 2 pistons front and 1 rear.

In your place I would change directly the tires, they must be old/hard by seeing the craks on the first pics !

The same for the brakes, they seem not being used a lot in the last months, new pads and rectifying the discs wouldn't be too much, that's what I had done if I were you :)

Haha yes don't worry tyres are the first things I am changing.

As for discs do you recommend where to get a set from as well as pads that isn't extortionate?

Thanks, Wayne

That radiator is around 100000yen, about 650GBP.. One of the more expensive ones I'v seen..

I just looked it up and wow you're right I didn't have a clue. I'm hoping it's still in good nick. Temperatures have been good so far :)

I'd be replacing the brake fluid at the same time and give the calipers a close inspection.

Once the pads are out use brake cleaner and a tooth brush and check the outer dirt seal that fits round the pistons, they could well be in need of replacing. Also check the slider pins, clean and lubricate with a lithium based grease,