Finally she has arrived!

Tariqd

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd be replacing the brake fluid at the same time and give the calipers a close inspection.

Once the pads are out use brake cleaner and a tooth brush and check the outer dirt seal that fits round the pistons, they could well be in need of replacing. Also check the slider pins, clean and lubricate with a lithium based grease,

You have the Jap spec calipers front and rear. I can help with what's considered a good aftermarket pad with excellent bite and good fade resistance for those ;) They are on special offer with free insured P&P to a UK post code, too!

As above mate give the brakes a good check over and check all the rubber boots around the pistons. If they're knackered you'll need to replace with new boots, piston seals and c-clips. Chris Wilson supplies these kits for a full brake refurb and they've worked a treat on mine :)

This is brilliant info guys much appreciated. I will most definitely get my brakes as close to perfect as I can before anything else.

Does anybody know how to rectify my extremely slack seat belts? It's just the drivers side where if I gently pull on it and let go it will retract the excess slack very slowly. Even if i try feeding it back it wont do anything. No doubt it'll be what fails me on my MOT coming up (amongst smaller things which they'll nit-pick haha)

I replaced mine with a new OEM one, nice wee job [emoji106] feel much safer in the car.

Same here on the seatbelt, just put in a new OEM part.. Tried to fix it a few times, was never permanent..

Just had a search and couldn't find an OEM online. Is it only acquirable from within the dealerships?

Also for other OEM bits where is the best place to get them online? Or am I better off just doing a parts request from Jemca?

Would also be worth swapping old brake lines for braided ones while your doing the brakes.

Try your local Toyota dealer and be cheeky and ask for as much discount as possible for OE parts, or try Steve Manley

at Inchcape Toyota Oxford who is very good and usually gives the best discount available

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Looks like I'm going to give the old 'seatbelt soapy soak trick' a go before I go out and get a new seat belt.

Here she is getting new shoes :)

I grinded my gear very hard on the way back. This on top of the fact I find it hard to put the car into reverse when it's running as well as the car jerking forward when put into first- do these signs all point to the fact my clutch is going/gone?

Just had a search and couldn't find an OEM online. Is it only acquirable from within the dealerships?

Also for other OEM bits where is the best place to get them online? Or am I better off just doing a parts request from Jemca?

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/toyota-front-seat-belt-3556.html

Not a bad price for new OEM [emoji106]

Ordered a load of brake cleaner. Will be getting onto the brakes tomorrow and try and polish up the engine bay a little.

Also going to take it to the garage soon and have the clutch checked and find out what my creaky noise is when I'm turning at slow speeds.

I'm hoping it's the fact my coils are super stiff :(

Massive thank you and shoutout to Ellis for sending me a rear wiper with motor FOC. Even went the extra mile and noticed from my pics that I didn't have any side indicators so sent those along too nicely packaged!

I hope I can return a favour to you too one day :)

Massive thank you and shoutout to Ellis for sending me a rear wiper with motor FOC. Even went the extra mile and noticed from my pics that I didn't have any side indicators so sent those along too nicely packaged!

I hope I can return a favour to you too one day :)

Ellis is a great guy, one I've had the pleasure of catching up with on several events. The members on here in general tend to help out fellow enthusiasts on their way :thumbs:

Ellis is a great guy, one I've had the pleasure of catching up with on several events. The members on here in general tend to help out fellow enthusiasts on their way :thumbs:

Yeah everyone has been very helpful it's refreshing to see. Especially after coming off the Facebook having read someone ask for help on their Honda (I am a civic owner also) and getting completely bashed for no good reason haha

Anyone know if this is the stock gear collar?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160609/eec8836cae3a7dccbc09918895961e9a.jpg

I'm looking to change the gear knob so it's easier to put it into reverse and wondering if it's worth changing the collar too.

That looks to be an aftermarket short shifter kit. Would you say the gear change is short (and quite notchy iirc)?

That looks to be an aftermarket short shifter kit. Would you say the gear change is short (and quite notchy iirc)?

/QUOTE]

Yes, my initial thought was it was a short shifter however I'm not experienced in that field so I wasn't too sure.