The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to import and what to upgrade??

Supra94

At the same age as yourself, I have struggled to get insurance on a Supra with modifications due to high risk at our age :rolleyes:, have you tried getting a few quotes before you go ahead and buy one?

I won't be getting it soon as I need to sort a couple of things out before I go ahead and buy one :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we're p1ss1ng in the wind a bit with this one mate - OP appears to be more interested in willy waving with his mates than a real enthusiast - the Playstation generation never fails to disappoint!

All I' m asking for is advice. If you don't want to give it don't :) are car enthusiasts the only people allowed to enjoy the supra?

I think we're p1ss1ng in the wind a bit with this one mate - OP appears to be more interested in willy waving with his mates than a real enthusiast - the Playstation generation never fails to disappoint!

Yea it appears so... I think he's totally missing the point here.

Yh I was looking at skylines as well. I know they are quicker off the mark and corner and grip better but I've always fancied the supra over skyline

The point I'm making isn't the cars capability. It's your ability to control it in situations that you appear to want to use it. I.e racing you mates merc on the street, which is a terrible idea for a number of reasons. Main one being that people get hurt, obviously but also because these cars are getting rarer by the second and are not forgiving when mistakes are made. No one on this club wants to see someone say what your saying and jump in one of these and stack in round the first bend. its a total waste. That's why my advice is to get something modern that's quick but with decent driver aids to stop you wrapping it round a tree.

Thinking along the lines of a new Subaru Impreza STI. New ones are fast and stick to the road well, good price too. Same for the last Mitsubishi Evo. Very good stability control for cornering. Both would keep you on the road and are within similar pricing.

If you want rear wheel drive you could try the bmw 135i. Quick car but good driver aids.

I would definitely consider the above for what you've said you want.

Yea it appears so... I think he's totally missing the point here.

The point I'm making isn't the cars capability. It's your ability to control it in situations that you appear to want to use it. I.e racing you mates merc on the street, which is a terrible idea for a number of reasons. Main one being that people get hurt, obviously but also because these cars are getting rarer by the second and are not forgiving when mistakes are made. No one on this club wants to see someone say what your saying and jump in one of these and stack in round the first bend. its a total waste. That's why my advice is to get something modern that's quick but with decent driver aids to stop you wrapping it round a tree.

Thinking along the lines of a new Subaru Impreza STI. New ones are fast and stick to the road well, good price too. Same for the last Mitsubishi Evo. Very good stability control for cornering. Both would keep you on the road and are within similar pricing.

If you want rear wheel drive you could try the bmw 135i. Quick car but good driver aids.

I would definitely consider the above for what you've said you want.

Thanks for the help mate :)

No I won't street race I'm not stupid, why is everyone making assumptions?

I'll use it as a weekend car and track car. I don't need to show off if that's the impression you have of me. I am goin to get the supra I just came here for advice tbh don't know why people seem to be making assumptions about me.

Thanks for the help mate :)

No I won't street race I'm not stupid, why is everyone making assumptions?

I'll use it as a weekend car and track car. I don't need to show off if that's the impression you have of me. I am goin to get the supra I just came here for advice tbh don't know why people seem to be making assumptions about me.

That's fine I'm all for helping. I'm only adding up the comments you've made already about cornering ability and not top speed because of uk roads and speed cameras and also your friends merc and lambos etc. It all points to you're going to race on the street and I'm all for a few pulls on the straights occasionally but when people race round the corners it's another matter entirely.

My advice comes purely at a standpoint that you are after a good cornering car as you've said but the supra isn't that. I admit that and most others would too. I wouldn't even contemplate pretending it to be a better performing car for the bends than those I've stated.

If you want a drag car, a show car or a GT cruiser, then yea definitely a consideration but honestly for what you're after I'd test drive some other cars first especially the new Subaru and see what you think. I think you'll actually see what I'm saying ;)

What is your budget btw if you don't mind me asking? that will definitely be a big factor.

All I' m asking for is advice. If you don't want to give it don't :) are car enthusiasts the only people allowed to enjoy the supra?

Happy to give advice, that's not the issue. It's just that some of your posts and comments come across as a touch wide-boy. There are a lot of folk who come on here giving it the big I am with big statements of intention and are generally quite disrespectful of the sound words of wisdom they are given.

That's fine I'm all for helping. I'm only adding up the comments you've made already about cornering ability and not top speed because of uk roads and speed cameras and also your friends merc and lambos etc. It all points to you're going to race on the street and I'm all for a few pulls on the straights occasionally but when people race round the corners it's another matter entirely.

My advice comes purely at a standpoint that you are after a good cornering car as you've said but the supra isn't that. I admit that and most others would too. I wouldn't even contemplate pretending it to be a better performing car for the bends than those I've stated.

If you want a drag car, a show car or a GT cruiser, then yea definitely a consideration but honestly for what you're after I'd test drive some other cars first especially the new Subaru and see what you think. I think you'll actually see what I'm saying ;)

What is your budget btw if you don't mind me asking? that will definitely be a big factor.

Thanks for caring pal :)

The way I was talking may make it seem like I want to show off but honestly I don't. It'll be a weekend car and track car so that's why I want it to handle the best it can :)

Budget wise sky is the limit I'll do whatever it needs doing to the standard I'd like it at. I want it to be a track monster with a bit of top end speed. I know the skyline is better in what I am after but I love the supra so I'll try and make it the best I can make it :)

I've seen a supra in Japan for 28k I think, low mileage manual 1993 i think but it's been cosmetically killed by the owner as he's put stickers and horrible body kits and rims on it. I don't mind spending 40k like that f1bomb plate car is selling his for.

What would you recommend me to do to the car bearing in mind I am after control grip handling and such. Top end speed yes I'd like as much as I can get but still get as much control and such :)

Thanks pal :)

Happy to give advice, that's not the issue. It's just that some of your posts and comments come across as a touch wide-boy. There are a lot of folk who come on here giving it the big I am with big statements of intention and are generally quite disrespectful of the sound words of wisdom they are given.

Hey I'm not an egotistical person so I'll take your advice over my own as I know you guys are experienced in this subject and I'm a total novice.

You think this car looks nice? abflug-supra-zefir-complete-body-kit-abflugsuprazefir1-3.347.jpg

Will having that type of look and low profile and wide fat rear wheels give it good handling or is it just show??

I think it looks hideous to be honest. But so will you when you see the side shot of that kit - it's Abflug and it's a real fugger. And that would handle like a fat lass on roller skates. For handling, if you're really truly serious, get a car with stock 17s and a great suspension set up (like Chris Wilson's) and that thing will give an Evo a real run for its money. I know this as my old UK-Spec had this exact set up and it was incredible and gave an Evo a real problem on some proper bendy roads!

I think it looks hideous to be honest. But so will you when you see the side shot of that kit - it's Abflug and it's a real fugger. And that would handle like a fat lass on roller skates. For handling, if you're really truly serious, get a car with stock 17s and a great suspension set up (like Chris Wilson's) and that thing will give an Evo a real run for its money. I know this as my old UK-Spec had this exact set up and it was incredible and gave an Evo a real problem on some proper bendy roads!

Yh I've seen the side and front and I don't like it. Thought I could keep the back end only nice fat wide as$ ;)

I'll search up Chris Wilson and yes I am serious honestly. Atm like I said I need to sort a couple of things out then will go and buy it once everything is done :) thought I'd ce early as I'd like to learn as much as possible before making the purchase :)

If I got that supra I'm in about how much you reckon it'd cost me in mods for suspension and brakes and turbo ecu boost and all that good stuff.

Just a ballpark figure and do these garages charge by hour or set fee for the project?

Thanks mate :)

Dave, he just called that green Razamataz hideous! That's - - - Rushden isn't it?

I agree with he...........

Rushden is a slammed epi-centre, some of them scrape along sparking on even flat roads and have to divert on pre planned routes to bypass sleeping policemen, "sad" is the only word that works.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

ever since i was a young kid, now 22.....

budget wise sky is the limit i'll do whatever it needs doing to the standard i'd like it at.

i don't mind spending 40k like that f1bomb plate car is selling his for.

bs....

When I build it I'll post it and you can sit here and burn inside that someone actually built their dream supra :)

You see, it's that sort of comment to established and respected members that will just get you bitch slapped off here. Actions speak louder than words.

In reply to your question, I wouldn't touch that car you posted if it was given to me. I'd look out for a lovely stock example, VVTi or non-VVTi, as new as possible, with as few miles as possible (let's say a 2002 car), get it imported and just make sure the suspension is 100%. Leave it on 17s, BPU it and live a happy life.

- - - Updated - - -

In reality I'm 21 and skint :D

And ugly! And you wear girls jeans you weirdo!!

I wish I was 22 with £40k to spend on a supra

In reality I'm 21 and skint :D

Haha all it takes is hard work and long hours. Hand on heart I save all I make. I'm not flashy and don't have expensive hobbies. For me my downtime is being at home, I love being with my family. I know I'm not wired like my peers but that's just how I am. I'm self employed and work as much as I can, don't go on holidays or nothing just work trying to set up my future. Once I'm happy with what's goin on then I'll buy the supra and use it as a track car and weekend car :)

One day you'll get there pal :)

You see, it's that sort of comment to established and respected members that will just get you bitch slapped off here. Actions speak louder than words.

In reply to your question, I wouldn't touch that car you posted if it was given to me. I'd look out for a lovely stock example, VVTi or non-VVTi, as new as possible, with as few miles as possible (let's say a 2002 car), get it imported and just make sure the suspension is 100%. Leave it on 17s, BPU it and live a happy life

Why would he randomly call BS when he doesn't know me or what I do for a living to afford what I want?

That's what I'll most likely do. There's a website I've seen they list Japanese cars for sale and I've seen some nice supras. There was one like 1 year ago which was done how I like it but it's been sold now so I'll have to custom build the car I want :)

In reply to your question, I wouldn't touch that car you posted if it was given to me. I'd look out for a lovely stock example, VVTi or non-VVTi, as new as possible, with as few miles as possible (let's say a 2002 car), get it imported and just make sure the suspension is 100%. Leave it on 17s, BPU it and live a happy life.

- - - Updated - - -

And ugly! And you wear girls jeans you weirdo!!

Yes I'll most likely do a BPU and leave it at that until I want more speed and know more about the car. Thanks for your advice pal. I saw a video on YouTube of some Japanese guys racing on track and they had this specific supra which handled amazing. Let me see if I can find it