The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to import and what to upgrade??

Supra94

I went from a 1.6 fiesta too a 600bhp supra when I was 20 :D if you can afford it then go for it. Just treat it like any other fast car, with respect knowing it can bite haha. Good luck with the search dude

:yeahthat: In 1.5 years i went from a Toyota Yaris 1.0 litre too a >> 3.0 TT UK Spec. I'm 21 & what I found is that MPG is no longer MILES PER GALLON but rather SMILES PER GALLON :D

#WatchThatBackEnd :Pling:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:yeahthat: In 1.5 years i went from a Toyota Yaris 1.0 litre too a >> 3.0 TT UK Spec. I'm 21 & what I found is that MPG is no longer MILES PER GALLON but rather SMILES PER GALLON :D

#WatchThatBackEnd :Pling:

Happy for you pal :)

How much was insurance??

Well in them 1.5 years I was itching to drive the Supra but insurance was a bummer. I had the Supra parked up for a year in that time i had quotes from insurance companies such as the likes of Elephant quoting me 7k! I got down to 3k after exploring other companies but you'd be mad to pay that much, unless you have money to burn!

At the end of the day waiting a whole year was worth it. 2 WEEKS ago I took out my first EVER policy in my name as 1st diver on the Supra with ADMIRAL for £1,596 fully comp & no black box fitted ;)

When you consider I've only held my license for 2 years & I'm 21 it's a good deal.

Gotta take the banter on here dude, a lot of people in the past have said they are gunna spend 40k on a supra that will be a 1000bhp built by the best in the best possible way and it never happens, hence why people are sceptical.. On the styling side of things, don't listen to anyone, it'll be your car so you do what you want. Makes a change from the stock look now which is what everyone is doing haha

Gotta take the banter on here dude, a lot of people in the past have said they are gunna spend 40k on a supra that will be a 1000bhp built by the best in the best possible way and it never happens

They usually cant even afford the £10 membership fee lol

Is James' car still for sale ? Sounds like the perfect car for you mate, single turbo 6-speed mint condition, lovely motor.

Thanks Mike :thumbs:

Not anymore - I've seen sense and ordered new CCWs and booked a respray instead :D

Though for £28k I'd maybe listen haha!

Gotta take the banter on here dude, a lot of people in the past have said they are gunna spend 40k on a supra that will be a 1000bhp built by the best in the best possible way and it never happens, hence why people are sceptical.. On the styling side of things, don't listen to anyone, it'll be your car so you do what you want. Makes a change from the stock look now which is what everyone is doing haha

Yh I know but I will actually buy it. I'll just do a bpu and and suspension and tyres and hopefully take it up to 450 to 550 bhp then I'm set. I don't need more after that :)

You don't need more, but it certainly makes it a lot of fun ;)

You won't see near 550bhp if just BPU though - hybrid turbos, ethanol/methanol, standalone ECU etc would be needed for that.

What would I need to see 550 bhp?

Single turbo or Twin turbo

Ecu

New fuel system?

I don't know. I read a guide on how to get it to 500bhp on here somewhere so I think I'll just follow that :)

I can't wait to get my hands on the car one day, it's been a dream of mine for ever :)

You don't need more, but it certainly makes it a lot of fun ;)

You won't see near 550bhp if just BPU though - hybrid turbos, ethanol/methanol, standalone ECU etc would be needed for that.

Where did you buy that dash for your supra? It looks nice :)

Where did you buy that dash for your supra? It looks nice :)

It was already fitted when I had the car imported. It's great I'm a big fan - keeps things neat and prevents gauges being dotted about the place. Search for 'Defi DSSC' as that's what it is. About £2500 I believe. :thumbs:

What would I need to see 550 bhp?

It sounds like your goal is to beat your friend in his C63. I'm guessing his C63 has around 550bhp, or a bit under...?

There's more to beating a car than comparing manufacturer's bhp figures. Engines usually lose bhp with age. Consider the weight, torque, 0-60 times etc if beating a C63 is your real goal, and factor in losses over time.

I applaud your plan to get the handling tip-top, that's good. Unfortunately it's not glamorous: most aftermarket obvious bits don't improve the handling. Over the years, not much knicker elastic has been snapped by viewing new OEM suspension trailing arms.

What will you do if your friend sells the C63 for a 1.8 Mondeo? Your supra's raison d'etre has vanished.

I know I sound like the forum grandad, I'm just prompting you to consider what you want out of it, so that you're more likely to enjoy it and it not be a flash in the pan. :) No problem if you want a wide-bodied monster with rock-hard suspension, there's several people on here that share this view, just don't expect it to always improve the performance.