Supra94

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

May I ask what you have driven prior?

Haha okay so my first from of transport was a bike, Yamaha yzfr125 then I got the a Toyota corolla when I finished school. Now I drive a Toyota avensis haha xD I need reliability so I've always been with Toyota haha xD

You really need to sort a budget out first, then you can go forward from there and see what you can afford.

If you're jumping from an Avensis and planning a 550hp 'monster' you need to be careful as these cars can catch you out, as one poor sod found out last weekend at Japfest :/

You really need to sort a budget out first, then you can go forward from there and see what you can afford.

If you're jumping from an Avensis and planning a 550hp 'monster' you need to be careful as these cars can catch you out, as one poor sod found out last weekend at Japfest :/

So you think I should keep it stock and slowly mod and then mod again when I'm used to it? It'll be a long project so I won't do 550hp first go. So I'll keep it stock and just do suspension and tyres and brakes and such then slowly do the engine.

Do you think that supra I showed is as another user here called It "abortion"

This!

Especially if you start racing this c63 you mentioned, id seriously consider at least bpu first to get a feel for the car before jumping straight into the deep end but its your life :)

go for the monster first learn the car dont go full throttle.

sort your budget put a wanted add up to tempt people to sale.

SRD and whifblitz are Great traders on here and build some amazing cars for members that take them there.

All the best and good luck on the hunt, oh and i hope you've got deep pockets for insurance, I am 24 with a 6speed single aerotop that is being built currently at SRD and insurance is a a killer. Hopefully next year it wont be so eye watering.

This!

Especially if you start racing this c63 you mentioned, id seriously consider at least bpu first to get a feel for the car before jumping straight into the deep end but its your life :)

Haha yes I'll start slowly. I have no budget atm all I do is work sand no hobbies so I can do what I want with the car plus I'm not tied down got nothing to pay so I can put as much money as need be into this. What I'll do is sort out the handling aspect of it first then slowly add to the engine.

SRD and whifblitz are Great traders on here and build some amazing cars for members that take them there.

All the best and good luck on the hunt, oh and i hope you've got deep pockets for insurance, I am 24 with a 6speed single aerotop that is being built currently at SRD and insurance is a a killer. Hopefully next year it wont be so eye watering.

Haha thanks for the help pal. I'd like to learn but this is too much for me plus I don't have time to be honest. I'd like someone to do my car for me so them two names you mentioned I will contact them when I get the supra or if another member lives nearby pay them a fee and get them to install it all for me. Like I said I'm a COMPLETE novice when it comes to mechanic and electrical side of things in cars.

Hi pal,

I found whifblitz but I can't seem to find a garage called SRD?

I looked at your log and it seems like they've helped you a lot.

Could you please post me a link to their site?

Thanks a tun pal :)

Tbh I think you should buy a normally aspirated sports car like an mx5 for instance, get used to it, track day it, then get a 'normal' Supra TT and go from there. Jumping from an Avensis to a Supra is a like going from a NA supra to a F3 car or something. Have you done karting etc on proper tracks and I don't mean indoor? (Warrington teamsport indoor isn't bad I suppose.)

Tbh I think you should buy a normally aspirated sports car like an mx5 for instance, get used to it, track day it, then get a 'normal' Supra TT and go from there. Jumping from an Avensis to a Supra is a like going from a NA supra to a F3 car or something. Have you done karting etc on proper tracks and I don't mean indoor? (Warrington teamsport indoor isn't bad I suppose.)

Agreed. I had an NA supra first and that was more than enough at 22. I would be looking at something more like a c63 or something modern if that's what you want to beat it off the mark or round the bends.

Thanks for the advice pal.

What I'll most likely do is buy the supra and keep it stock till I get used to it. First things I'll do are suspension, brakes blah blah so it handles better, then when I'm confident enough I'll slowly add to the engine :)

I went from a 1.6 fiesta too a 600bhp supra when I was 20 :D if you can afford it then go for it. Just treat it like any other fast car, with respect knowing it can bite haha. Good luck with the search dude

Nice supra man :)

What you think about the picture I posted. I'd like my supra to look like that I think the body kit is called abflug or something.

Agreed. I had an NA supra first and that was more than enough at 22. I would be looking at something more like a c63 or something modern if that's what you want to beat it off the mark or round the bends.

So the c63 has superior acceleration and cornering abilities over the supra?

I'll mod it so my supra handles like a dream.

First things I'll do are suspension, brakes blah blah

It's the blah, blah, blah bits that could well save your life if you're an inexperienced driver. Good handling, good brakes and the best tyres you can afford are a great starting point. If all you want to do is beat your mate's Merc then just buy a big fat single, beat him round the Tesco car park, sell it and move on.

So the c63 has superior acceleration and cornering abilities over the supra?

I'll mod it so my supra handles like a dream.

I'm saying by your blase attitude that you need something with a modern traction control/stability control program, especially if you're going to be pushing it round corners.

I'm saying by your blase attitude that you need something with a modern traction control/stability control program, especially if you're going to be pushing it round corners.

I think we're p1ss1ng in the wind a bit with this one mate - OP appears to be more interested in willy waving with his mates than a real enthusiast - the Playstation generation never fails to disappoint!

It's the blah, blah, blah bits that could well save your life if you're an inexperienced driver. Good handling, good brakes and the best tyres you can afford are a great starting point. If all you want to do is beat your mate's Merc then just buy a big fat single, beat him round the Tesco car park, sell it and move on.

Yes what I'll do is do what you said so buy the best tyres, brakes, suspension and all that. By blah blah I meant the rest of the things needed. Not saying it isn't important.

Haa , I don't hang around McDonald's or tesco car parks lol this will be my car, my pride and joy. Not buying it to beat my mates c63 :) I just want something different from the standard m3 or c63 everyone has.

Yh I was looking at skylines as well. I know they are quicker off the mark and corner and grip better but I've always fancied the supra over skyline