The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New 2017 GTR

JasonR24

The 'new' front is awful, but the interior changes are much better (maybe not in brown though) and the new Ti exhaust should be a nice improvement.

But is it really worth facelifting such an old car? Some nicer leather Recaro seats, the new exhaust and a few new paint colours would have probably had a similar impact for far less cost.

Looking forward to the R36 unveil, which must be due soon (the R35 is 10 next year! The fact that it is still able to compete with the best is testament to the greatness of the original design)

I respect the GTR for it's performance and can see the appeal if you're into refined AWD performance, but the car does nothing for me.

I wonder if the new exhausts will sound like someone playing the trumpet? :D

That was pretty much my opinion until I drove one. They aren't rewarding in the same way that a proper sports car is, but as a fast GT they are peerless performance wise.

Glad to hear they've moved the paddleshifters onto the steering wheel too, the column mounted ones were poor imo.

I love the new look, personally. It's a refresh that's come at a much needed time. I love the interior, too. However, I'm holding out on my final verdict until I get to see the final OTR price tag for the UK. For those refinements, I'm expecting a fairly hefty price hike. I've heard rumours of £89,999 OTR, which is quite frankly, ridiculous for such a car.

If the price is in line with 2015 cars, I'd consider one above my current GT-R.

I've heard rumours of £89,999 OTR, which is quite frankly, ridiculous for such a car.

If the price is in line with 2015 cars, I'd consider one above my current GT-R.

Still too cheap for the performance IMO. Should always have been a £100k car. That's another thing that puts me off :)

I think it would have been a massive flop in the UK had they tried selling it at £100k when they went on sale.

Imo Nissan pricing has been absolutely perfect. They initially priced it low enough to be accessible, but high enough to command respect, and then ended the price up every year, having a good impact on residuals, and also getting the public used to increasingly expensive Nissans.

They will be able to launch the R36 at £100k plus now, and no one will say it's too expensive.

But I agree in so much that the R35 was an incredible bargain at the launch price.

There's no way I'd pick this newest R35 over the stunning AWD Jag F Type R, even if the Jag is slower.

Dont you think its now getting a bit fat around the edges wont be long until its an Audi...

Trying to secure the german market now with plush interior and comfort...

I have never been a fan of the GTR (R35), the looks dont do it for me and neither does it drive the way a car like that should.

I can appriciate the tech in the car, its very good.. but now with its plush leather interior and comfort modes blah blah "hot air" nonesense its just a stones throw away from being a lazy fat Audi.

Dont you think its now getting a bit fat around the edges wont be long until its an Audi...

Trying to secure the german market now with plush interior and comfort...

I have never been a fan of the GTR (R35), the looks dont do it for me and neither does it drive the way a car like that should.

I can appriciate the tech in the car, its very good.. but now with its plush leather interior and comfort modes blah blah "hot air" nonesense its just a stones throw away from being a lazy fat Audi.

Seems like it's being marketing more towards the GT market with this new model given all the additional comforts.

Would love to see it go in the other direction and see it keep pursuing the image of exotic killer (not that it can't still do that currently, but looks wise could be more aggressive imo)

The jag sounds good, but its all engineered..... with how much time spent on engineering it all?

http://articles.sae.org/12441/

I just think its over engineered and Im pretty sure that the Jags noise would getting annoying on a long trip.

Oh yes and go by the history I have with Land Rover Jaguar UK, I wouldnt touch one their cars!!! And Im not the only one, that includes horror stories on the F-Type

The jag sounds good, but its all engineered..... with how much time spent on engineering it all?

http://articles.sae.org/12441/

I just think its over engineered and Im pretty sure that the Jags noise would getting annoying on a long trip.

Oh yes and go by the history I have with Land Rover Jaguar UK, I wouldnt touch one their cars!!! And Im not the only one, that includes horror stories on the F-Type

All exhaust noise is engineered, intentionally or not ;) besides, the Lexus LFA arguably has the most engineered exhaust sound of any car, and is up there with the best.

The noise is probably the biggest chink in the R35's armour. Even modified ones sound fairly dull, a pretty major failing after the incredible sounding RB engined cars.

Besides, the Jag isn't that noisy at low revs and is quiet at cruising speed.

With the exception of a 3 year hiatus with an SL500, my Dad has been running Jags continuously for 18 years, and has never had one break down, and as far as I'm aware, never had any parts other than basic service items. Granted, they've all been fairly new (like the F Type), but I still think that's pretty good.

All exhaust noise is engineered, intentionally or not ;) besides, the Lexus LFA arguably has the most engineered exhaust sound of any car, and is up there with the best.

The noise is probably the biggest chink in the R35's armour. Even modified ones sound fairly dull, a pretty major failing after the incredible sounding RB engined cars.

Besides, the Jag isn't that noisy at low revs and is quiet at cruising speed.

With the exception of a 3 year hiatus with an SL500, my Dad has been running Jags continuously for 18 years, and has never had one break down, and as far as I'm aware, never had any parts other than basic service items. Granted, they've all been fairly new (like the F Type), but I still think that's pretty good.

I find the popping on over-run annoying when it happens every time. Its trying to hard in my eyes....

LFA does sound lovely

Yes the GTR sound is a huge let down

He is lucky.... I know many people that have had nothing but issues with new Land Rovers and Range Rovers. 1 person I know of, that bought a new Jag f-type had a complete failure of electronics (including steering and brakes) while driving along at 60mph, luckily he only crashed into a pavement.