The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'RICE' to meet you...

L337

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your pain on the wiring front, found something similar recently with mine. Absolute miles of wiring for no apparent reason!

A previous owner did something similar to my old car it seems. Boostman (Chris) the new owner recently found loads of stupid and pointless connections& wiring everywhere.

Not much been done over the last week - I had put everything back in bar the glove boxes, so went to do that earlier this afternoon...

Then found a wire... :search:

So few minutes later, and it's all apart again!

This much removed!

All cleared out and back together!

Sounds sad.. But I can't wait to finish repairing it and start cleaning it!

In other news - I've ordered a brand new rad to replace my Manual ali one :blink: and cam cover gaskets, original spec trans fluid, and coolant from TCBParts, so will be fitting that next week! :)

Also selling my missus' MINI Cooper S this weekend, if that happens OK, I will order some shiny new coilovers to replace by current completely F**ked suspension. :D

• 3 months later...

A few updates!

I finally got round to replacing the unbelieveably worn out rear dampers with BC coilovers! I've never seen dampers worn out this bad before!

With that fixed, the next priority was the bodykit. I have been wanting to get rid of it for a while as it's badly fitted and not to my taste.. so a few weeks ago I made a start! ...with a wood saw...

No prisoners were taken with removing the kit - I have never seen something be attached so ridiculously! Wood screws... lots of f**king wood screws!!...

Then just for fun I lined up the new front bumper with some tape.. Soooo much better!!

The car is off the road at the moment, but hopefully picking up a few parts this week and will have it on the road ready for Ace cafe! :D

Edited by L337 (see edit history)

That is some of the worse DIY I've seen on this forum. Good on you for doing a proper job and getting all that cr*p out of there :)

From experience of having an NA (some parts were like your one originally), I can definitely recommend installing the stock fan shroud and fitting a stock intake. It performs so much better (and quieter!).

You also mentioned it was sluggish in the mid range... NA's aren't the quickest of cars but if there should be a noticeable pick up around 4-4.5k rpm. I had a similar issue with mine and after a dyno session with Ryan.G, he spoted the 'twin' intake valve was not working due to a disconnected line. This is an absolute nightmare to get to but after it was fixed there was a very noitable improvement in the mid range. I will try and find my old thread about it.

Also timing (Via the dizzy cap adjuster) is worth checking especially with a car that has been messed about with, I got an extra 8bhp (ooohhh!) from Ryan tweaking it while on the dyno.

I had a quick look at that last night, and they are claiming their S2000 kit gives 5 seconds around the Tsukuba track, it's only just over 1 minute long!

I will call absolute bull on all of their figures regards aero development. So it's ugly and it doesn't work, good move OP ;).

To produce downforce, it would need to be mounted a lot more structurally than the mounts provided on the bumper. Plus the bumper itself is so flexible, with any load it would just bend.

Also, unless it is different on a TT, that scoop in the middle of the bumper only cools the horn on my car, and the air has no where to exit. So just a pointless increase in drag.

Finally if this was an aero bumper for a track car, the openings would not be that big, big grills are a 'aesthetic' road car thing, track/race cars tend to have small openings to reduce drag,

The plastic bits are all over the car.

You have a long one that runs the edge of the seal plus the garnish that sits in the front and rear wings.

Just my opinion but some OEM skirts and spats would solve this issue, unless you can find the other bits

The long strip is on the car, you can see in the pic above