The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'RICE' to meet you...

L337

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this on eBay or Gumtree? Can't remember where I seen it advertised.

Either way, welcome to the club mate :thumbs:. A new front bumper and wing and this will be looking sweet :).

On Gumtree, it went on Saturday at some point.

That is the plan! :)

:welcome: to the club, your left over budget should help bring this up to scratch so long as there’s nothing major hiding away under there, good luck with it, always like to see an enthusiastic member pick up a Supra like this and bring it back to its former glory, good on you and good luck, your in the right place for help and advice, parts etc etc :thumbs:

So a two part update this evening!

First off, big thanks to Jezz for coming over and giving the old girl a good look over! Found some good OEM bits, along with numerous bad (albeit reversible) 'modifications' and missing parts.

So firstly, bits missing..

- NS rear brake ducting, arch panel and NVH pad.

- Tailgate interior trim panel

-Rear blind

- Battery clamp

- Front arch liners

All hopefully can be easily sourced!

Bad modifications up next....

(Bar the obvious bodykit)

- HID kits on main and dipped beams (neither work reliably and have been fitted with wood screws)

- Aluminium radiator isn't mounted, it's wedged between the chassis rails; also there is no integrated gearbox cooler, the box coolant pipes are connected to each other!

- 6x9s mounted in boot by (wood) screwing them into the stock subwoofer bracket.

- Subwoofer mounted by a single wood screws into each 6x9 box

- Fuel pump cover badly angle grinded the spare wheel bracket off to make way for the subwoofer box

- A large LED EQ thing mounted across the rear window that flashes to the music.. the ribbon wire for this had a wood screw through it!

- Sun visors replaced with some the wrong shape, that have DVD screens mounted in them

- Cheap steering wheel with the horn taped in place

- LED strips hanging down in the footwells

- LED strips mounted in the tacho amd speed gauge pods

- 6" Speakers wood screwed into the door cards

- Aftermarket tweeters half in the OEM tweeter location (they don't fit)

- Lower dash panel by driver knees has holes in and is wood screwed in place

- One button wired into the coil igniter as some sort of budget ignition cut.

- Whole car has been flicked over, not the worst job, but not great.

So not too much to deal with then!!

Finally, the good bits we found:

- It's an LSD model :D

- It has the stock subwoofer, which looks to be in really good condition!

- Has the numberplate pods, also in good condition.

- Turns out the car has all the cruise control parts fitted bar the stalk? As though someone removed the stalk for some reason!

So all in all, I'm still really happy with it! There's plenty to keep me busy in the evenings and weekends!

Oh there was one last thing...

While chasing a random wire through the engine bay...

Turns out....

Its had a single turbo conversion!!

I've not heard of 'The-Speed' turbos, but the build quality is top notch!

Plus the narrowed 2" ID rubber adaptor increases air speed to 332m/s forcing even more air in!

imageimage

So that's it for now!

I'm looking forward to the weekend though to start ripping some of this wiring out!

You'll probably notice the performance increase when you remove that. :D

The old owner wants stringing up for all that.

I had thought it felt sluggish in the mid range, was ready to overhaul the ignition and fuel system to try to solve it haha.

Yes he does... with wood screws

How did the previous owner forget that it was a single turbo LOL!

He's jesting. :D

It was one of those eBay 'electronic superchargers' that just blocks the intake and blows in the equivalent air mass of a Sunday morning fart.

He's jesting. :D

It was one of those eBay 'electronic superchargers' that just blocks the intake and blows in the equivalent air mass of a Sunday morning fart.

That description :rlol:

Had me confused for a second, running a turbo without an intercooler. All makes sense now, get that heap of crap off and get a proper turbo!

Is it journal or dual ball bearing? Very tempted to get one of those for myself & sell the 6266; is it an easy install?

Even better....its bearing less. Fantastic spool time, full boost is achieved even before you've started the engine. Just turn on the ignition and listen to it spool up to a whopping 3rpm and flow a litre of air every hour. This thing will easily take 150bhp off your current power figure.

I don't know why, but I had a tremendous desire to p1ss into it while it was running.

Even better....its bearing less. Fantastic spool time, full boost is achieved even before you've started the engine. Just turn on the ignition and listen to it spool up to a whopping 3rpm and flow a litre of air every hour. This thing will easily take 150bhp off your current power figure.

I don't know why, but I had a tremendous desire to p1ss into it while it was running.

That sounds fantastic! I think I've just found my next purchase! Lolololol

If you need one of them lower dash panels, I have one in good condition :thumbs:

Yes please!!

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds fantastic! I think I've just found my next purchase! Lolololol

Swap for your Precision 6266 + cash my way?

Thought I would add some more pictures now I actually have some daylight for once!

Sticky pad and taped in horn

DVD sun visors that don't fit!

The speakers 'fitted' to the door cards

A before pic of the boot

Nice factory subwoofer

Before pic of the interior

Before engine bay pic (ish as the 'turbo' isn't in it haha)

A lovely LED strip wedged into the ash tray.. these strips appear in a few random places!

Here's another 3 already

Wires....

More wires....

And more wires....

Edited by L337 (see edit history)

Today has been interesting! Made some good progresss de wiring some of the shite that has been fitted to this poor car!

First up I tried to remove these tweeters that don't work.. actually have no idea how they've been screwed in?! Think I will have to wait until the windscreen is out (it has a massive crack) to remove them :(

Removing the DVD screen sun visors, found this enormous wood screw holding the visor mount in!

This badly spliced wire made me think too... its for the electric aerial.... I don't have one? I mean at all! Looks like it has been filled in at some point.

Some interior LED strips spliced into the indicator stalk loom?

Found more wires down both sides of the car...

And up both A pillars...

So far I have taken this much out!! Amazingly it still runs!

The next step though is to decide whether to keep or remove the Clifford G5 alarm with remote start :rolleyes: as it appears to have been fitted by a 5 year old..

None of the alarm wires are soldered, a mix of jumper harness and splice, twist and tape. :(

Edited by L337 (see edit history)