The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'RICE' to meet you...

L337

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it? would have thought the monkey that owned it before would have tossed it out when fitting the skirts.

The he just needs the hockey sticks.

Yes you're right, the plastic trim is there in the rear pod things and the long straight one, but not the front bit.

Monkey before had 'fitted' the veilside skirts over the long trim.

Yes you're right, the plastic trim is there in the rear pod things and the long straight one, but not the front bit.

Monkey before had 'fitted' the veilside skirts over the long trim.

/QUOTE]

And drilled into the sills to :cry: i swear i know this supra from years back, a lady in mk used to own it?

And drilled into the sills to :cry: i swear i know this supra from years back, a lady in mk used to own it?

Noo don't be silly, would be secure then!

It had two screws in rear arch as per standard, two in front arch the same and 3 wood screws into the top of the skirt / door jam bit. Was flimsy at best.

Managed to get the from bumper re attached, power steering leak fixed, , involved a lot of bending little tabs back to their original position!

I am still missing a lot of the plastics that sit behind the bumper but they will have to come after the imminent birth of my daughter/son next month [emoji16]

• 2 weeks later...

As previously mentioned, arrival of a child next month has put a stop to the Supra budget :( therefore no chance of improving the paintwork for a while!

So, armed with £20 ish I bought some rattle cans and tried to tidy up as best I could!

Sanded (lightly) and dusted over the wheels with a gloss black:

Sanded the black side pods down:

First coat of primer:

Final coat and refitted:

Finish isn't the best, but better than the black!

Polished the exhaust up a bit:

Touched up the front bumper, literally just sprayed over the peeled off bits with the remains of the single red can I could get:

Overallm I think it looks a lot more presentable until I can get the bumper finished off properly and the whole car flicked over :)

• 2 months later...

Hi again! It's now been 8 weeks since my Son was born, so time & money is mildly available again; so off the road comes the Supra!

Heres a last pic of it looking it all it's scruffiness:

I'll be sorting the bodywork out to an OK standard, I'm not too bothered about it being show spec though, as my aim with the car is to be a proper daily driver.

Also after much deliberation, I am also going to stick with NA.. But I am going to do a W58 conversion all going well.

So overall I have an idea in mind of what I want to turn the car into - a semi lightweight / fast road / OEM style special edition type thing.. like a Toyota M3 CSL Haha.

Essentially, interior wise will be fixed back bucket seats, maybe a half cage/harness haven't decided yet.., no rear seats but still carpet throughout and most trim in place.

Outside will be simple, no spoiler, coilovers(already on), sticky tyres and once funds allow some lightweight wheels (currently have some 18x8.5&9.5 heavy alloys that will have to suffice for now).

Onto actually doing some stuff!

Even though it cosmetics, I really don't like the standard look of the engine bay, so I am going to remove everything I don't want/need, tidy some other parts away and see if I can find any areas to contribute to keeping weight down as a justification for doing it haha!

So before:

Removed:

Cruise control mech

Heavy battery, (will relocate to the boot)

Various plastic parts for the harness

Intake ducting

Washer bottle

I will reroute a trimmed down harness round the back of the engine, bar the offside ABS sensor and headlights which will be a much reduced thickness harness following the original hidden routing over the rad.

I'm not sure on the fusebox and the ABS yet, they both look a lot of hassle to do something about.

Finally I am going to keep an eye out for ITBs, I don't have a big budget so if it is going to happen, it won't be a brand new set of Jenveys or anything!

So day 1 over, and this is the progress so far!

Still a lot of cleaning & wiring to do, but a massive improvement already!

I loved reading this thread! Like Action Jackson, the first time I have seen it! The progression is great and I can't wait to see the finished product! Well done, you have more patience than I would ever have! Oh, and congratulations on the birth of your son!