The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front Suspension Arms: Non OEM

Delboy52

I got all my oem arms from ICP parts and TCB parts. They are the cheapest by far mate.

http://www.importcarparts.co.uk

http://www.tcbparts.co.uk

Whifbitz prices are a lot higher compared to both these places. Was a big difference in totals when I calculated it all up.

I have to agree here.

I live close to TCB and have used them for many new parts and I know they have imported a lot of OEM suspension parts from Japan for the mkIV. He normally gets himself into a position to buy a chacon full of spares from Japan then imports it.

TCB have a big following amongst the Celica fraternity which is where I got to know him when I had a Gen4 import many moons ago.

I did my suspension a few years ago using R2R bushes from MVP and I have had no issues.

Edited by jonc (see edit history)

I have to agree here.

I live close to TCB and have used them for many new parts and I know they have imported a lot of OEM suspension parts from Japan for the mkIV. He normally gets himself into a position to buy a chacon full of spares from Japan then imports it.

TCB have a big following amongst the Celica fraternity which is where I got to know him when I had a Gen4 import many moons ago.

I did my suspension a few years ago using R2R bushes from MVP and I have had no issues.

If you ask, Whifbitz will also price up stuff in Japan, and have it sent on a container rather than airmail.

Before I changed all the arms over, the previous arms I painted with black hammerite (lower arms only) and when removing them they were still in good condition.

If you done this before fitting I'm sure you could do an even better/neater job. Might sound abit of cheap way of protecting them but it did work.

Maybe not :(

I'll have to consider other things then, maybe look into a hydrophobic paint.

I can't see how you'd get the bushes out and back in again without damaging them.

Get them spray painted if you really want a bling finish.

We used chassis Black on my Range Rover suspension arms, less prone to chipping than

powder coat and you can touch it in if required, if you get a chip on the pc you'd have to do

it again

Or Hammerite perhaps

I can't see how you'd get the bushes out and back in again without damaging them.

Get them spray painted if you really want a bling finish.

We used chassis Black on my Range Rover suspension arms, less prone to chipping than

powder coat and you can touch it in if required, if you get a chip on the pc you'd have to do

it again

Or Hammerite perhaps

I don't want a bling finish :D just a generally rust free car with as little maintenance as possible.

The car will get a new dose of waxoyl underneath every couple of years which should keep it nice, but I don't want to spend a fortune on suspension arms only for them to look rusty 5 years down the line. My car isn't a garage Queen, it gets used year round so any preventative measures are better than costly and time consuming cures :)

I don't want a bling finish :D just a generally rust free car with as little maintenance as possible.

The car will get a new dose of waxoyl underneath every couple of years which should keep it nice, but I don't want to spend a fortune on suspension arms only for them to look rusty 5 years down the line. My car isn't a garage Queen, it gets used year round so any preventative measures are better than costly and time consuming cures :)

Chassis black or Hammerite then is the way to go :)

I was under the impression you can't remove the bushes? As my arms are fine it's just the bush that needs replacing?

You can remove them and fit poly bushes but a few people don't rate how the car feels, you can't replace the bushes with OE as they're

not available separately

Has anyone used these arms from ICP? I know they're out of stock on the genuine ones but they seem happy enough to offer these as an alternative.

http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info?id=9712&cat=0&sub=0&sec=0&var=0&dc=&gen=&searchKey=ICP9712&searchPart

I'm in the process of saving to replace most of my suspension and associated parts, suspect they're mostly original and old enough to buy beer...

Has anyone used these arms from ICP? I know they're out of stock on the genuine ones but they seem happy enough to offer these as an alternative.

http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info?id=9712&cat=0&sub=0&sec=0&var=0&dc=&gen=&searchKey=ICP9712&searchPart

I'm in the process of saving to replace most of my suspension and associated parts, suspect they're mostly original and old enough to buy beer...

Tempting. They do have one or more genuine rear Lower arms in stock though

http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info?id=11561&cat=89&sub=1354&sec=1561&var=38&dc=0&gen=&searchKey=&searchPart=

Looks promising. I was assured before buying that these will fit my car. The American company say I'm beyond 30 days for any refund, even though the parts they claim will fit a MKIV very obviously will not. JPS in Bletchley MK are pretty sure they are for the mkiii. Any one know the sizes of mkiii front upper arms?

I'm not getting anywhere with the brick-wall customer service from the American company I used, but they insist the large front upper arms pictured above are correct for a left hand drive 1994 Supra MKIV. I crossed checked the part number and compared diagrams between America and Japan, identical as expected..

Would anyone happen to know if the LHD or American domestic Supra has different sized suspension parts? More for curiosity now than pursuing a refund.