The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 Black Supra RZS Twin Turbo Tiptronic 28,000 miles

Crash Bandicoot

The spedo picture says 28k km which is around 17k miles. You have it advertised at 28k miles. Also, is it right the car missed out on 9 MOT's, only having two tests in the last 11 years? That does give a pretty big history gap but if genuine, a 17k miler is indeed rare.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there history of the mileage before the TRD clock exchange? Or was it a factory option?

I believe the TRD 320kmph gauge was an option on the Series 2 Supra so its an old clock for sure with this one having the 'k' black painted over.

I believe the TRD 320kmph gauge was an option on the Series 2 Supra so its an old clock for sure with this one having the 'k' black painted over.

They're all the same. The op already said that it was fitted in Japan and the mileage was corrected and converted to MPH though.

Scott's right, the speedo and mileage were corrected when it was imported by previous owner, and headlight wise (this was pointed out to me at bhp fuel fest by slam and Wiley) both are facelift headlamps and both lenses are plastic but one has a different lense (more lines in it, but doesn't show any signs of being ever opened)) I didn't notice this when buying it to be honest.

The spedo picture says 28k km which is around 17k miles. You have it advertised at 28k miles. Also, is it right the car missed out on 9 MOT's, only having two tests in the last 11 years? That does give a pretty big history gap but if genuine, a 17k miler is indeed rare.

With any car especially an import it is very hardly to be sure about the mileage. The only judge is the condition of the car, the reported mileage I would take with a pinch of salt.

Normally a bag full of receipts and MOTs help correspondent the mileage over a number of years - however even that isn't fool proof, guess nothing is.

Lee_e, I'm thinking the same!

Imi, you could say that about every supra that's not a UK spec, this is my 5th supra and I am a very sceptical person when it comes to cars, i wouldn't of paid the price I did for it if I wasn't certain it was legitimate :)

By the looks of things I'll be keeping this, putting it in the garage and the bits I've been looking at for it will soon be bought and she'll come out next year looking even better again :p maybe even a chance of going 6 speed by then too :p

Some friendly advice: Take fresh pictures of the car using a DIGITAL CAMERA, every single one of your phone pictures make the car look grubby/dusty/dirty.

A car with this low mileage would be spotless and good pictures would reflect that. Currently the overall condition of the car cannot be seen in detail, this doesn't help when selling a Supra at the top end of the non-manual price bracket.

GLWTS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Couldn't get photos today sorry, the Supe is at mothers house and I've not been able to get over there, will bring her back tomorrow and get some photos, I will be taking it to the show on the hoe on the 23rd August with the forum guys, the day before she's being treated to a full detail and paint correction service with full engine steam cleaning, so will be mint then.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.