The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Camber Adjustment

lewis hill

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone wanna buy a Supra? I knew it'd only be a matter of time before people began to "Stance" these cars and I no longer wish to be associated.

I'm gonna buy a Mondeo or something. :rolleyes:

Makes me wonder if ploughing what basically is the cost of buying another low mileage properly done UK singled manual supra into my track car is worth it after these sorts of threads.

Makes me wonder if ploughing what basically is the cost of buying another low mileage properly done UK singled manual supra into my track car is worth it after these sorts of threads.

Hopefully seeing your car posting serious lap times will attract more real enthusiasts :)

I don't like the stance look and think it is a bit silly/dangerous, but isn't it down to the person creating it? there car they can do want they want as long as its safe and legal.

just saying its all down to personal opinion. :)

on a side note there are some cars that look alright with a stance look but they have air ride suspension so driving about really isn't a issue. parked it looks nice :)

I am feeling so sad because of this thread :(

Can you not buy a Saxo and do it to that... please not a descent car.

A "descent" car, a Freudian slip? Very apt, I like that ;) Modifications of this sort put values and conception of this classic car in free fall.

I'll grab you some photos of the release mechanism, the billet is due in toomorrow. I have the lathe warmed up ready!

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

I don't like the stance look and think it is a bit silly/dangerous, but isn't it down to the person creating it? there car they can do want they want as long as its safe and legal.

on a side note there are some cars that look alright with a stance look but they have air ride suspension so driving about really isn't a issue. parked it looks nice :)

These 'Stancers' are going to ruin it for the rest of us though, as before long they will make it compulsory for cars to retain their factory ride height and wheel/tyre sizes.

3 degrees negative camber on the rear is definitely not "safe" though. It will reduce rear grip and traction alarmingly.

That's the point. It's not safe. As Chris said, soon it'll be illegal. Stretching tyres and making them seal on the wrong bit of a wheel is just plain stupid, along with reducing surface area of the tyre actually touching the road should be punished with a kick in the nuts.

I'm not asking for -4 or -5 camber, I've seen and read quite a lot of people running performance cars at -2 and -3? I honestly didn't believe it was this bad haha I mean I get why people with golfs and polos do it as they have no performance. I appreciate it will take away some traction but surely not as extreme as sone people suggest? People over exaggerate to scare people off? There is a guy on here stances on work wheels? Marc something? Everyone is loving his car and doesn't say it's dangerous? Surely 18x11 22offset has some sort of camber on it? Surely it's dangerous to drive that low?? Which is pretty much stance? Haha To me it's perfection, the amount of time and effort to achieve this.

Haha well I'm trying to get as much of an aggressive set up as possible. The bigger the dish the better! I don't really see the point in some of these custom ccw's with like 1-2" dish. I was at a shop that does tracking yesterday and their machine told you where to change camber and toe. The bolts were not rusted so easy to undo, put them to max settings. We could only really change the toe. Unless the machine is telling the wrong info.

Maybe that is what other people want?

I don't want low offsets as I want to have a bigger tyre whilst having a reasonably flush fitment.

It all comes down to preference in the end. As above, my best mate, Marc, has a very low Supra which has 18x11 at the rear with ET22 wheel spaced out so it's really ET17 at the moment. He runs a 265 on it. I run an 18x11.5 ET50 with a 315 R888.

It all depends what you are aiming for. :)