The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Camber Adjustment

lewis hill

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that is what other people want?

I don't want low offsets as I want to have a bigger tyre whilst having a reasonably flush fitment.

It all comes down to preference in the end. As above, my best mate, Marc, has a very low Supra which has 18x11 at the rear with ET22 wheel spaced out so it's really ET17 at the moment. He runs a 265 on it. I run an 18x11.5 ET50 with a 315 R888.

It all depends what you are aiming for. :)

Yeah fair enough mate, was merely just saying my opinion to the style I like and why I'll be getting camber

yeah i have some camber on the rear but not as much as the front. i haven't adjusted the camber bolts, mine is just through lowering bud.

Okay mate thanks for that. I've seen you get roughly -2 or -3 by lowering from 50mm to 75mm. I'm guessing you are not far from that? Feel free to PM me so you don't get a lot of stick for running camber :rlol: I understand what they're saying and appreciate their honesty but I love the look of stance too much lol

Lewis is your supra a tt or na?

I have an na 5 speed and going down the stanced route.

I understand/and wouldnt stance a tt because you have the power and potential to be a very fast road car. But In my case, although not being as slow as 1.2 polo or the likes, an na is no crowd puller by the looks of its engine so why not go abit mad with the stance. At the end of the day your not aiming for lap times or 10 second 1/4 miles because 200bhp simply isnt very much in such a large car and unless your willing to spend 3k+ boosting it why not spend sub 1k on making it look cool (I say that loosely as im well aware some people think it looks sh!t)

Lewis is your supra a tt or na?

I have an na 5 speed and going down the stanced route.

I understand/and wouldnt stance a tt because you have the power and potential to be a very fast road car. But In my case, although not being as slow as 1.2 polo or the likes, an na is no crowd puller by the looks of its engine so why not go abit mad with the stance. At the end of the day your not aiming for lap times or 10 second 1/4 miles because 200bhp simply isnt very much in such a large car and unless your willing to spend 3k+ boosting it why not spend sub 1k on making it look cool (I say that loosely as im well aware some people think it looks sh!t)

Its a TT mate. Well yeah thats why ive decided to extend the arches to get the stance but with decent traction on 11.5j or 12.5j. What wheels you going for mate?

I currently have a set of rota torques, im not to sure on the size of them other than they are 18", they came with the car. Eventually I will buy a nice set of dished wheels but for now im making do with what iv got. Moneys tight, being 23, full time at college and working in a bar as often as possible just to keep my head above water. My family and friends think I have a screw loose owning a supra. Every month my Wages go in, hour later wages go out lol