The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kit Car: DDR GT Build Thread

Whitesupraboy2

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going for the 'blend into the background' look. Hope ive pulled it off :D

i just didn't want silver or black, but also wanted the car to look good on cloudy days as well. The last part I think I've nailed so very happy on the choice.

Oh no, definitely, blends into all the grey backgrouds in the UK perfectly ;) love a good red colour, its the best :D

I'd be tempted to paint the centre of the front bumper black. Looks great. Wish I had the time and money to build something like this :(

Which bit do you mean? When I get it I'm hoping the colour doesn't look too 'solid'. Guess we will see.

Ohh and it's definitely time needed I reckon I was up to 650hrs spent so far.

well I've got it back after 6 / 7 weeks I need to fit mesh and other bits like 2nd mirror etc... but it gives you the idea of the finished car. Only words I have is ignore exhaust pipe it will be changed!

I'm very happy with work they've done, after all the whole car is fibreglass including the whole door.

Picture Heavy!!

Amazing ! How much was the cost of the kit and total cost of build ??

Oh and what is it like with speed bumps lol

Thanks guys.

As for cost, well now I've done all the expensive bits of being first you could get to the same stage as I am at now for about £30k. Its a lot but seeing as an ultima costs normally around £50k and a cobra , GT40 etc... im pretty happy!

Kit costs depends alot on exchange rate and what you choose to take in the kit because then you have import tax etc... You should all look forward to the 2nd one being built by another Mkivsupra member, im looking forward to seeing how that goes as well and sure will be excellent!