The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The 0-60 question....

ShawnPreece

Vbox is a good way to test 0-60, 0-100 times, 1/4 mile etc etc...

Dads done 30-80mph in 2.5 seconds last time Austec tested it. Love to try it again and see what it would be now with more torque :D

4.1 is a good time mate nice one :) also just looked at the pics of your supra in the "view my supra" section... very nice and I want to use the same car wash as you ;) lol

I was just messing around honestly :D

With stickier tires, better setup of the Syvecs Launch Control and better Road conditions there could be a 3.5 i think.

But just for chasing numbers it's not worth the shock in the drive train etc when popping the clutch on semi slick tires with 5000rpm and over 1 bar of boost :D

Hehe thanks. If you can live with a less then perfect result on the cleaning side of things i can recommend it :D

What do you expect from a free App? [emoji16]

It's not the app but the phone that's lacking. Almost every Phone has a refresh rate of 1hz for the gps signal so once a second there will be an update to your speed. That rules every test which relies on tenths of a second out with a phone only application. If you add a Bluetooth GPS receiver with 5/10hz it would be another story :)

Funny reading about my car when it belonged to someone else!

(Terry S)

I went to Brintingthorpe and thought the surface was terrible...

Reg/Name ¼ Mile Time 60' TrapMPH 0-60mph 0-100mph

-------- ----------- --- ------- ------- --------

Christian____ 12.581 2.5 120.88 4.601 xx x8.9

Terry S _____ 12.599 2.4 123.54 4.481 xx x9.3

Ian C________ 13.643 2.7 119.19 5.800 xx 10.4

Jake_________ 13.503 2.2 104.91 4.993 xx 12.3

*** MBL______ 13.555 2.4 108.32 5.150 xx 11.78

Cashpoint____ 13.743 2.5 109.81 5.189 xx 11.612

??? XLM______ 14.178 2.6 103.30 5.716 xx 13.4

Mr. Angry ___ 14.348 2.6 101.89 5.910 xx 13.9

*** GGC______ 14.292 2.8 105.10 5.546 xx 13.1

*** WWO______ 15.088 3.0 100.08 6.599 xx 16.2

??? TRD______ 15.956 2.6 089.92 7.750 xx 19.6

also Look at the difference between the 60-100 times

the first 3 cars are all singles..

Christian 4.3s

Terry S 4.8s

Ian C 4.6s

Jake 7.3s

*** MBL 6.6s

Cashpoint 6.4s

??? XLM 7.7s

Mr. Angry 8.0s

*** GGC 7.5s

*** WWO 9.6s

??? TRD 11.8s

Thank you for redeeming my crapulous 0-60 performance that day :D The 60-100 (and beyond) really highlights the difference between BPU and a nice T67 sized single. The acceleration is bonkers once it hooks up - ten years on I still don't feel the need for more power. Not that I drive the bugger much these days.

0-60 is almost pointless in a Supra to be honest. Unless you put serious concentration into getting off the line, you aren't going to get past the 4s. The best I know of is TDR, he managed late 2's IIRC. This isn't power driven though, it makes no difference how much power you have.... it's not going to help a Sup to 60. 400hp (or thereabouts) is all that's required to propel the car as fast as possible, the rest comes down to the grip.

You will see a BPU manage a 4 with a big single managing a 6. The opposite can obviously be found too. It's not really got a lot to do with power, although every little helps :D

0-60 is almost pointless in a Supra to be honest. Unless you put serious concentration into getting off the line, you aren't going to get past the 4s. The best I know of is TDR, he managed late 2's IIRC. This isn't power driven though, it makes no difference how much power you have.... it's not going to help a Sup to 60. 400hp (or thereabouts) is all that's required to propel the car as fast as possible, the rest comes down to the grip.

You will see a BPU manage a 4 with a big single managing a 6. The opposite can obviously be found too. It's not really got a lot to do with power, although every little helps :D

true 400bhp is still a serious amount of power for low down acceleration, as mentioned in posts further up the 60-100 time and anything above that would be where the extra power makes the difference

As a club we do own a VBox unit just for testing such things...but it needs to be on an airfield or private road.

If it is only £50 an hour for Brunters then the club would fund a mid week booking on that place.

Interesting to see the 0-60 times come up again. The time for Jake was a stock VVTI auto btw...

As a club we do own a VBox unit just for testing such things...but it needs to be on an airfield or private road.

If it is only £50 an hour for Brunters then the club would fund a mid week booking on that place.

Interesting to see the 0-60 times come up again. The time for Jake was a stock VVTI auto btw...

Sounds good! would love an airfield day to test all the cars, have a bbq and a catch up.

Could make a great day!

Yeah definitely, I wasn't sure it was still available as a track as I thought locals complained about noise. But that's a rumor I heard years ago.

Not that im aware of, they have dates set for shows this year in there calendar on Facebook. So must still be okay. As of March my company will be working at North Weald so i'll let you know.

Not that im aware of, they have dates set for shows this year in there calendar on Facebook. So must still be okay. As of March my company will be working at North Weald so i'll let you know.

That's good to know, I used to go to watch a lot of the RWYB days as a kid, hopefully get to have a go myself one day!